*** Dealing with fear, dread, concern and anything else that can trouble you...through turning to God.



 
When trouble comes to us, all we have to do is to learn to put our faith in God each time we have a problem or potential problem.  

We put our faith in God by turning to God in prayer, asking for help or asking God for wisdom in dealing with the problem.  

Each time we call on God asking HIM for help, we put our faith in God.  

And we learn to call on God over each concern, each time we are concerned.

💥💥💥

I'm 84 years old.  In 2021, one day fearful thoughts began to come to my mind:  "If I get to where I can't walk, what will happen to me?  What will I do?  I won't be able to stay here.  I'll have to move somewhere else."

I cried out:  "GOD ... HELP ME!"

Instantly the following came into my mind:  "God will supply all your need."

"That's right ... God will supply all my need!" (I cried out!)   

I completely relaxed and the fearful thoughts vanished.

James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

We submit ourselves to God by calling on God for help!

God brings us HIS Word and by faith in that Word we will not heed the thoughts sent by the devil and the devil will flees from us when he sees we believe that Word sent to us by God.

💥💥💥

We put our trust in God each time we cry out to God.

My 97 year old cousin told me this one day.  She said, "I do fine all day but I get so lonely at night."

(Her husband died 10 years ago.)

When she told me this problem, I was so excited for I knew all she had to do was ask God for help and God would help her!

So I said, "Oh this is no problem.  When you begin to feel that loneliness, all you have to do is to turn to God immediately, as soon as you begin to feel that loneliness, and ask God to help you. God will help you!"

My cousin had been taken to church as a baby and attended church all her life.

Many church goers do not understand calling on God for help.

And it is a matter of trusting in God.

About two weeks later, this cousin said to me, "I do all right during the day but at night I get so lonely."

She didn't put her trust in God.  

I just didn't try to help her after that, knowing there was nothing I could do for her.

James 1:22   But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Titus 3:9-11  But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

10-11 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;  Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

💥💥💥

In 2018, I fell and broke a hip and wrist and after surgery could not put any weight on my leg where the hip had been broken.  So they put me into a rehabilitation hospital for 2-1/2 months.  The first month I was in "bed rest" for I couldn't try to walk or do anything, according to the doctor. 

And I was alone most of the time, having no relatives and only a few visitors.

Often I would awake in the morning and think, "How can I get through this day?"

And then I would remember God and ask God to help me to get though that day.

(The time sort of flew by and before I knew it, evening had come.  I thanked God as I realized this.)

💥💥💥

The man who was helping me with my sound system was leaving my house one day and he turned to me and said, "I don't know why I am telling you this but they think I have ALS and I am going into hospital next week for tests."

(At that time, David was 44 years old and had a wife and 2 children, ages 8 and 12.)

I told David every time he was afraid, just ask God to help him.

At one point, he had to go to hospital for an operation.  He said he remembered what I had said and he did do this and he was helped so much when he did this.

💥💥💥


When we turn to God and ask God for help, often God will bring us an idea showing us something to do and when we do that, everything falls into place.

By HIS Spirit, the Holy Spirit, God brings ideas to our mind.  God communicates with us by giving us thoughts to help us in situations.

When my mother was still living, I would go to cafe daily to get our lunch.  It cost $5.30.  I would take a five-dollar-bill from my purse and a quarter and a nickle.  And I would leave my purse with my mother while I went for our food.

One day I looked in my coin purse and couldn't find a quarter and nickel.

As I dug through the change looking for these coins, I heard, "Three dimes will work!"

(That was the Holy Spirit helping me for I had several dimes in my coin purse but I was in habit of using a quarter and a nickel!  The Holy Spirit is a helper to us!)

💥💥💥

We recognize the thoughts sent to us by God, for when we have such a thought, it is "easy to be intreated."  

(When thoughts are very complex or overly expensive, I always know those thoughts are not from God.)

Matthew 11:28-30  Jesus says:  Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take MY yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light.

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Philippians 4:6-7   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

💥💥💥

God will not fail us nor forsake us when we turn to HIM and call on HIM for wisdom or help in our problems.

Psalm 62:8   Trust in HIM at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before HIM: God is a refuge for us.

Remember:  God knows the future! He will lead us in plans that are right for us in our situation.


💥💥💥💥💥