*** Podcast: Praying for those in authority as God says to do.



 
The apostle Paul says:   I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;  (I Timothy 2)
 
💥💥💥
 
When I heard Donald Trump say on TV "It is sometimes good to take vengeance on your political enemies."

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind"Vengeance is MINE sayeth the Lord.  I will repay,"  (Hebrews 10:30-31)  For we know HIM that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto ME, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge HIS people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
 
The Holy Spirit showed me by reminding me of this scripture that vengeance is not a good thing in the sight of God.
 
And I remembered that the scripture in I Timothy 2 says pray for those in authority.
 
Instead of allowing myself to be puffed up against Mr. Trump, this time I began to pray for God to show Mr. Trump God's truth concerning vengeance.
 
 
💥💥💥💥💥