* Beggar, thief, and extortioner.




Both Peter and Jude warned us there would be false teachers among the churches in the end times.  (II Peter 2 & Jude)


Jesus also warned us about the people who come to us in the last days, saying,  "Jesus is Lord."  Because they say HE is Christ, they will deceive many.  (Mt. 24:1-4)


In November, 2020, a man sent me an email identifying himself to me as being a pastor.  


He told me how much he liked my book, Preparing for the Return of Jesus.  (Amazon)


He asked me to send him more books for his church and for his pastors.


I explained that Amazon does not give me books and that he would have to get my books directly from Amazon.


I also explained that Amazon allows us to give free e-books which he would need to order from Amazon.


In his next letter, he signed his name "Reverend".


I responded by telling him no man should call himself "Reverend".


Jesus called HIS ministers as follows:


Ephesians 4:11-12  And HE (Jesus) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;   For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


There is only one time the word "Reverend" is used in the Bible.


Psalm 111:9
 HE (God) sent redemption unto HIS people: HE hath commanded HIS covenant for ever: holy and reverend is HIS (God's) name.


This man responded immediately saying he agreed and he would remove the name "Reverend" and tell his pastors to remove the name "Reverend" and he was sorry he had done this.


But he twisted everything and said we should not use the name "Pastor" either.

I told him immediately that it is proper to use the name "Pastor" for Jesus HIMSELF called HIS ministers by the names:  apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher  (Eph. 4:11)

But not "Reverend".

*****

The next letter he sent to me he signed his name, "Evangelist".

I wrote to him immediately, trying to straighten this out.

I tried to help him see the difference between Evangelist and Pastor in the calling of Jesus.

Evangelist goes from city to city speaking to the world salvation through Jesus.

Pastor usually works with one church group in one city, giving them teachings from the Bible.

***

In his next letter, he signed his name, "Brother in Christ".

In that letter he asked me to pray that God would provide for him a computer and a projector.

He explained that it was very hard to share my teachings with his church group without a projector.

I sent him the following letter.

Matthew 11 Jesus says:  HIS yoke is easy.  So if something is difficult you can know you are trying to do something you should not be doing.

Therefore if it is hard to share my teachings, just share Bible.

Joan Boney

***

In his next email, he asked me to send him a computer and a projector.

I responded:  "If I were you, I would get a part time job or a job at night and work until I had enough money to buy a computer and projector."  Joan Boney

***

He responded that he could not do secular work because it took all his time to do the ministry work.

I thought of the apostle Paul who did secular work as a tentmaker and still went from church to church speaking as an apostle and teacher.

In this letter, he asked me if I would send him a computer that we are not using.

***

I turned to God and asked God:  "What do YOU want me to do?"

I had the answer rather quickly.

I sent email to this man as follows:  

"I see you as a beggar, thief, and extortioner.  And if you choose to go this way you doom yourself to always being a beggar, thief, and an extortioner."  Joan Boney

(It was clear that this man did not turn to God over his needs but turned to humans for them to supply his needs.)

***

The apostle Paul says:

I Corinthians 5:11  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

13  put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

This is what I will do with this man.

*****

In this man's first letter to me, he placed an attachment showing an outline of subjects and scriptures which he planned to teach to his church group the next Sunday.

How could a man this confused in thinking write such a clear, concise outline?  I wondered.

Then I realized he probably didn't write that outline.  It was probably another person's outline which he planned to teach to his church group.


*****

This is just one example of how very mixed up preachers are today in church groups.

When a man has no understanding, I do not believe "that man" is from God.

When we have the Spirit of Truth in us, HE will teach us all things, remind us of all that Jesus has said to us, guide us into all truth, and show us things to come.  

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

*****