* Belonging to God. Hearing from God. Following God.


 

God speaks to us and we hear what He says and accept what He says and are born again, changed by God into a new creature, given the Spirit of God to live in us. 

 
From that time forward, God leads us by the Spirit of God bringing thoughts and concepts to our mind.  And we find then we want to know about God.  We are interested in things of God after we are born again.  And we are then led by God, by HIS Spirit. 
 
Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 
 
John 10:27-30  Jesus says: My sheep hear MY voice, and I know them, and they follow ME.  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of MY hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of MY Father's hand.  I and MY Father are one. 
 
The Holy Spirit of Jesus lives in us.  The Holy Spirit teaches us and guides us.  And the Holy Spirit shows us which way to go as we deal with this present life.  

I Corinthians 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Holy Spirit teaches us and guides us by bringing thoughts, concepts, scriptures to our minds.

We will be thinking of doing something and when this is not the best thing for us to do, often the Holy  Spirit will bring us a thought showing us another way to go.

Examples: 

* A man in our church group came into his back yard and was looking at his storage shed which was filled with his "stuff".  He was thinking about adding another building to hold his stuff.  The Holy Spirit brought this to his mind:  "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"

My house in Texas had gas logs in a fireplace.  I hardly ever turned them on.  One day I was driving down the road and a pickup carrying fireplace wood was driving along side of me.  I looked at the wood and thought, "I'd like to have a wood burning fireplace."  The Holy Spirit brought the following to my mind as a thought:  "You can have that."  Up to that point, I'd never considered changing to wood.  I did this the same day for I knew it was the Holy Spirit speaking.

I find the ideas from God to be easy to accomplish, not complex, financially feasible.  

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 


*****

The thoughts that come from the Holy Spirit are usually in a very gentle voice.  

Sometimes I miss the thought at first and the Holy Spirit repeats it, bringing it again to my mind.  

I know the voice of God so when HE speaks I recognize HIS voice by the characteristics of James 3:17.

The devil also brings thoughts to our minds but the devil is trying to harm us.  His thoughts are often very negative.  He tries to drive us to do something.  Often fear is involved.  Ideas from devils are often complex and expensive.

John 10:10  Jesus says:  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The Holy Spirit is gentle and guides us and leads us rather than driving us.

The sheep do not follow devils but will flee from devils, says Jesus.  

(John 10:4-5  And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.)

***

When your mind is filled with confusion, know that you do not have the leading of God and devils are tying to torment you.  

Pray and do nothing at all until you are calm again.


***

James 3

14  But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.



*****