* Building your house on the Word from God.




We can build our house by doing a scripture ... or we can build our house by doing a concept which is brought to us by the Holy Spirit of God.  Each time we do the Word from God, we are recreated in the image of Jesus, The Word, and we have the promise of God that our house will not fall in the storms of this present life.

Jesus says:

Matthew 7:24-27  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Here is an example of building your house on a concept brought to you by the Holy Spirit of God in the form of a thought:  I had moved from Texas to Colorado in 2019 and had put the house in Texas up for sale.  It did not sell.  Coronavirus hit the USA in March, 2020.  It was a fear filled time to try to sell a house.  I prayed, "God, is there anything I should do about that house in Texas."  Immediately the Holy Spirit brought the following concept to my mind:  "Lower the price of the house and put it on special sale for 1 week."  I did this that same day and the house sold within the week.

Here is an example of building your house on a scripture:  The following scripture caught my attention.  I felt God was showing me to do this scripture so I began meditating on this verse to enable me to have strength to "live" this verse, doing this verse in my life.  Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.  I had many opportunities to do this scripture through the coming years.

An instruction can come through a scripture or through a concept brought from God to our mind in the form of a concept.  Either way, when we do the instruction we build our house on a rock and our house will not fall and we are recreated each time we do the Word from God into the image of Jesus who is THE WORD.


*****

A concept brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit of God giving me information in 2018.

On December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of my house, I had the following brought to my mind:  "You'll never see this house again."  I believed this to be information from God.  I put the house up for sale even from the hospital.  I moved directly to Colorado after 2 1/2 months in the rehabilitation hospital.  The house sold 1 1/2 years later.  I never saw that house again.  Because I believed that Word, I held fast to selling that house for I knew I would never see that house again.

***

As a new Christian in 1975, I saw the following scripture and felt I should do this scripture.

Romans 13:8  Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Another scripture confirming this direction to me was as follows:

Deuteronomy 28:12-13   thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

I saw debt as a way that would cause me to be the "tail" and not "the head".  So I sat about to get out of debt and to stay out of debt, I felt this was God's way for me to go on this earth.  I prayed for God to help me to get out of debt and to stay out of debt.  Within about 6 months, I got out of debt.  I've never been in debt since this time in 1975.  If I had to go back into debt, I didn't buy that thing. God even made it possible for me to build a house without going into debt.  So much of doing a scripture has to do with our determination to do that scripture and to go in that way of life instructed by that scripture.

***

During the years between 1975 and 1980, I owned a small business in American Indian Arts in Dallas, Texas.  A man filed a lawsuit against several dealers of American Indian arts charging us with conspiring to keep him from doing business in Dallas.  He rented motel rooms and sold jewelry.  I had never heard of this man before he filed the law suit against me.

God showed me the following scripture which is a promise from God to the church:

Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

As a result of seeing this promise of God, I knew no weapon against me would prosper.  The lawyer fees were eating all the profits from my business.  If I continued with my lawyers I would be back in debt before many months.  Based on this promise from God, I dismissed my lawyers and planned to go to court without human legal counsel.  My lawyer said, "Joan, you can't do this.  You don't realize how evil the courts are in USA."  I told my lawyer that I am now a Christian and this is a promise of God to HIS people, "No weapon formed against us will prosper."  Therefore this weapon against me would not be able to prosper.  I dismissed my lawyers.  

A week later, lawyer came to me and said they had decided to represent me without any future legal fees.  But I didn't hear them say anything about God showing them to do this.  So I prayed, "God, what do YOU want me to do."  

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the following scripture to show me what to do about this "free" legal service.

Genesis 14:21-23   

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I knew by this that God was telling me to turn down the "free" legal service, which I what I did.  

A few months later, the man dropped all charges against everyone.

I set my goal in future for my provision to be from God in all things.

***

When we build our house on a Word from God, our house will not fall even when the storms of this life hit our house.  

*****