* Prayer




Philippians 4:6-7

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

*****

(Comments by Joan Boney)

I had a rather serious dental appointment scheduled on November 30, 2020.

I did exactly what it says to do in Philippians 4:6 ... The appointment was scheduled about 2 months earlier.  I knew there was a possibility of a root canal.

Every time during those weeks approaching the appointment when I thought of the appointment, I prayed, asking God for help.  I asked God to help the dentist in the decisions that she made, and that she not do more to me than needed. I asked God to keep me from being hurt.  I even prayed that I not be afraid.

I had asked God to help me to physically get ready for the appointment, to get my hair washed and get shower.  (I'm 83 now and this can be difficult.)

On the Saturday before the appointment, all of a sudden I asked Pam if we could go get my hair cut that afternoon.  This is one of those non-appointment shops we go to.  But because of the rise in Coronavirus we had not been for about 3 months.  There was no difficulty at all in getting into the shop.  It was 2 days after the American holiday, Thanksgiving Day.  The hair operator said they had been very busy but that day was "slow".  I was so glad.  I had asked God not to let either Pam or myself get Coronavirus.

The day of the dental appointment, I was easily able to take shower.

It took two hours for dentist to do the work on my tooth.  I felt no pain at all, neither during the procedure nor after.  Dentist said she decided to remove the crown and drill out the decay and not do a root canal.  She said, "Let's try this first."

I thanked God for answering each part of my prayer.

And I was "careful for nothing" because I had prayed according to Philippians 4:6.

It is so important for each of us to live a "carefree" life through God day by day, second by second.

I had even prayed if there was any reason I should cancel that appointment that God would show me.  But no reason manifest itself so I went on to the appointment.

Even after all the dental work was done, there was not one second of pain or discomfort.

"Let your requests be made known unto God."


*****