* One says, "I'm Baptist." Another says, "I'm Methodist." Paul says they are carnal and divide the body of Christ. (I Cor. 3)




People think they witness to God when they tell the name of the church they attend.  But when a person does this, he shows he is carnal and he brings division to the body of Christ according to the apostle Paul. 
 
I Cor. 3:1-4  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.  For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?  For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 
 
If we speak of God, we should speak of that which God has done with us or of that which God has said to us.  

(They don't do that!  They speak of their church and love to tell where they go to church.  They think they witness to God when really they are promoting their church group.)

If we feel we have to identify ourselves, we should just say, "I am a Christian." 
 
Ephesians 4:3-6    
 
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 
 
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
 
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
 
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

 
*****