* Drive through "communion" services scheduled by some churches during Coronavirus. Communion, The Lord Supper, is partaking of the Word of God and has nothing to do with crackers and grape juice.





The Lord's supper is not the eating of cracker and drinking of grape juice as done in many churches today.

Crackers and grape juice do not connect us with God.   Such has no power.

It is that Word given by God that connects us with God and has power to change our lives and to lead us in the will of God.

The Word of God is the Lord's supper.



*****

There are so many "idols" set up in today's churches.  An idol is something created by fleshly men.  They read passages of scripture and see those scriptures by their own flesh and set up fleshly things instead of interpreting by the Spirit of God.

I Corinthians 11, the apostle Paul tells you to examine yourself ...

25 After the same manner also HE took the cup, when HE had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

(Jesus is telling us as often as we drink the "New Testament" to take such in remembrance of the fact that HE, Jesus is the Word.)

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
(examining himself as he reads the New Testament, making appropriate changes to himself through that Word of God.)
 

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

(If you read the New Testament and fail to deal properly with the Word, you bring damnation to yourself, making the Word powerless in your own life.  In such cases, you say that Jesus died for nothing, thus you  fail to "discern" the Lord's body.)

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep (die). 

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

We judge ourselves by that Word of the New Testament.  That word when properly applied to our lives has great power to change us into the way of God in the image of Christ.  It is true food from God.  It is the Lord's supper for HIS people.

Taking crackers and grape juice is powerless and doing this will not cause you to change into the image of Christ.  It is an idol made up by man for the church to follow.  It is like the other powerless idols where they cross themselves and recite rote prayers which are meaningless, having no real power of God.

Partaking of the Word of God in the New Testament Bible has great power of God.

Drive-thru communion services are ridiculous.

*****

Jesus, The Word said:  "I am the bread of life."

As we eat and drink the Word we have communion with God and we partake of the Lord's supper.

John 6

32  ... my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is HE which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.



38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of HIM that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which HE hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.


40 And this is the will of Him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of
(by) God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of (from) the Father, cometh unto me.

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life. 


49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.


55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

***

The Holy Spirit of God reminds us of everything Jesus has said and shows us the will of God in the specific issues of this present life so we can do the will of God.

Romans 8:14    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The real Christians are those persons to whom Jesus has been revealed by God's Spirit, thus they are born of the Spirit of God.  Watch for those persons and pay attention to them!  For there are many today who come saying they are Christians but they are not born of the Spirit of God.  The church groups today are filled with people who put themselves into the church without being born of the Spirit of God.

Jesus said this would be a main sign of the end times:  Counterfeit Christians.  And Jesus said they would deceive many by saying "HE, Jesus, is the Christ."

Matthew 24

3 And as HE sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.


5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

(They come saying "Jesus is Lord" and because they say that they put themselves into the churches and deceive many.  The true Christians are led by the Spirit of God and we who have the spirit can recognize them by that Spirit that is in them.)

*****