* When we need help, God provides the help we need.





When situations of this life arrive, we should first turn to God in prayer to see what we should do.  

Then if we need help from another human, God will provide that person to help us.

I've found people are always in place to help when help is needed and when I know they are appointed by God for this purpose, I can praise God for the help provided.

Some people turn directly to humans when there is a need, but I like to turn first to God and discuss the matter with God.

This podcast shows God helping in time of need.



*****


Psalm 105 

4 Seek the Lord, and HIS strength:

5 Remember HIS marvellous works that HE hath done; HIS wonders, and the judgments of HIS mouth; 

Stop and think of some of those things God has done for you. 


***



II Corinthians 5:17   Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

***


Romans 8:28   And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose. 

We must hold fast to God's Word knowing it will be fulfilled. 

*** 

John 4  (Jesus says) 

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship HIM must worship HIM in spirit and in truth.


***


Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 

On December 6, 2018, I fell in my house in Texas where I lived alone.  (I was 81 years old at that time.) 

As the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door of that house, I heard, "You'll never see this house again." 

After surgery, I spent 2 1/2 months in rehabilitation hospitals in Texas.  I knew I could no longer live alone.  A member of the body of Christ, Pam Padgett, took me to live in her home in Colorado and I put the Texas house up for sale in December 2018.

In March, 2019, God gave me a vision about the Texas house.  A man drove past the Texas house and looked closely at the house.  He passed by the house and got to the alley behind the house and stopped his car and backed up and sat at the side of the house looking intently at the house. 

I felt God was showing me that the man who was going to buy the house would pass up the house but then stop and come back and buy the house. 

The house was on the market between December, 2018 and March, 2020, without selling. 

I was often reminded of the vision which gave me hope and I often prayed that God would bring the right person to see the house.  I prayed that the person would be in a position to afford to buy the house without it being a financial burden.

But I always held out hope for the house to sell because of that vision and also because I knew I would never see that house again and therefore would have no need for the house.   

The house was a burden to me during that time for we had to pay utilities, insurance, lawn upkeep and most months it cost us approximately $500 to pay expenses on the house which was not being used. 

During that time, we had 3 offers which fell through and were disappointments.   

In March 2020, at the peak of the Coronavirus, I was really troubled over the house and I turned to God in prayer asking HIM if there was anything I should do about the house.  I felt God was showing me to lower the price of the house and put it "on special sale" for one week.  Which I did immediately.  The house sold in 2 days at the special price in late March 2020.  

Then a series of events happened: 

* The buyers backed out.
* The realtors who had represented the property said they thought it was time for us to part company and they left us.
* I found another realtor by phone and he had the house back on the market in 2 days.
* The buyers who backed out returned and purchased the house again, setting a closing date for May 15, 2020. (Just like the vision God gave me in March 2019.)


There were many fears between April 18, 2020, and the closing date of May 15,2020.


I just prayed every time a fear came.

Philippians 4:5-6

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 

Two days before the closing date, a news report came that  California colleges had cancelled fall classes at all 23 universities in their system due to Coronavirus.

(The buyers of the house in Texas were coming to work at Texas Tech University, one as a teacher in the art department.  What if the university in Lubbock cancelled their classes?  What if the buyers became fearful and backed out of the property purchase?  What if the buyers got the Coronavirus? What if a projected storm hit the house and damaged the house which would stop the sale?  Many fears along the way.) 

With each fear, I prayed. 

The house closed on May 15, 2020, as planned.  The mortgage company wired the buyer's loan money to the ministry bank account. 

It was over!  

It had been a rather long struggle, almost 1 1/2 years. 

But all along the way, God had provided all my needs. 

* Pam Padgett (member of body of Christ) did so much work in the needed things in sale of house in Texas.

She had to arrange for all the repairs shown by the inspection ... and she had to get paper evidence showing we had arranged and had paid for specific repairs! 

I'm totally unequipped to do these things. Pam has the gifts from God to do such.



Pam was also able to read contracts and work out details.

Again I am helpless in such.

Pam coordinated everything by phone and computer and spared me from worrying over anything. It was amazing.

 
I did basically nothing ... except pray when I was concerned over those potential threats which I heard through newscasts. I'm glad I stayed informed over what is going on in USA and economy for it gave me opportunities to pray over each concern as that concern surfaced. 

Up through the moment on Friday, May 15, 2020, when Pam learned the house money was in our ministry bank account, we both prayed over details.

I was especially praying that God would keep the buyers enthusiastic over the house. This is what God did.

The house is a good buy for these people. The wife said she was so happy they now had a place where their art works could be displayed.
(As I understand it she will teach art at Texas Tech. I think her husband is also employed at Tech. They are moving to Lubbock from Colorado.)
 

* Wes Graham, my realtor friend in Clovis, New Mexico (USA), took time to cover many realty needs. 

* Tom Mullen, my contractor for the Texas house, covered so many things even though he is currently involved in 3 major building projects in Texas. He saw that every repair deadline was met.

* Oralia, my long time housekeeper in Texas, was always available as needed, though her husband has cancer and she is constantly working with him.

Everyone came through with their respective areas of expertise.

God put everyone in place to do their jobs.

I did nothing but pray.

So after a year and a half on the market, we have no property in Texas! And all this in the midst of the most uncertain time in our lifetimes so far as this virus and the subsequent economy is concerned.

I really love living in Colorado, which God worked out for me. Also I'm glad not to be living alone at this time in life. It has been great for me here with Pam and the 2 dogs and 3 cats ... and my TV and sound system.


I hope to go forward showing God's works in our lives and how great His work and His word is. 

As the apostle Paul told us:  "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4:19)

Just hold onto those things God has told you while you wait by faith in that which God has said concerning the matter at hand.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 


*****