* Getting our guidance from God.





Recently I saw a documentary concerning Franklin Roosevelt.

They spoke about his famous radio communications with the people called "Fireside chats."

These were very effective.  One of his advisors said to him, "You should do these broadcasts every day."

Roosevelt responded, "No ... if I spoke every day, they would not be as effective.   The people would become less interested.  The broadcasts need to be special."

I speak Podcasts and blog messages daily.  The thought came to me saying maybe I should speak only occasionally.

I turned to God in prayer and asked God what HE wanted me to do.


*****


Immediately I was reminded of the following instructions from the Bible.

Hebrews 3

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:  9 When your fathers tempted ME, proved ME, and saw MY works forty years.

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known MY ways.

11 So I sware in MY wrath, They shall not enter into MY rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.


13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

***

Hebrews 10

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for HE is faithful that promised;)

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.  

(As we "see the day of the Lord approaching," we should exhort one another "even more.") 

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

***

I had my answer from God concerning that which HE wanted me to do.

Paul said that he didn't go in the clever ways of men but in the power of God.

I Corinthians 2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.




*****