* God goes before us and makes the crooked places straight




When God works in our lives, miracles often happen before our eyes.  We can actually see the working of God as the way before us is prepared. And God even plants HIS own desires into our hearts so we go in HIS way while thinking it is really "our desire."

Here are two examples of this:



*****

God says:  I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:   Isaiah 45:2


***

When God speaks to us today, HE usually speaks through HIS Spirit by bringing to our minds a thought or idea which leads us in what we should do this at this point in time.

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***


Psalm 37:4   Delight thyself also in the Lord: and HE shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

God is fully able to put HIS OWN DESIRE into our heart so we have a "desire" to go in the way HE is leading us.

Two examples happening simultaneously:

In 2018:  Pam Padgett, who lives in Colorado (USA), had a desire to remodel her house, changing a downstairs "study" into a bedroom and adding a shower to her downstairs' 1/2 bath.  She prayerfully pursued doing this and finished the project by December 2018.

Around this same time in 2018, I began to realize I could not continue living alone at my house in Texas as I had been doing for the past 18 years.  I could still drive my car and get my food but "somehow" I just knew this wasn't going to continue.

(John 16:13   Jesus says:  when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth ... and he will shew you things to come.)

Then on December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  I broke hip and left wrist.  After surgery, I spent 2 1/2 months in rehabilitation hospitals in Texas.  I knew I would not be able to live alone as I had been doing in past years.

God worked it out for me to move directly from the hospital in Texas to Pam Padgett's home in Colorado where a bedroom and bath downstairs had been prepared "for me".  (God went before me and fixed everything for me ... making the unworkable parts of Pam's house to be workable for me just before I needed them!)

The room at Pam's house was just exactly according to the desire that had been put into my heart earlier in 2018.

And it all reminded me of the following scripture.  

II Kings 4  (Concerning the prophet, Elisha)

8 And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.

9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.

10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.

11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.


(I'm starting my second year at Pam's house.  Pam is a godly woman, calling on God and following the plans given her by God by HIS Spirit.)


I'm 82 now.  For more than 40 years, I have tried to follow God and I really had not considered what would happen to me when I was old.  It is obvious to me that God made a provision for me far above that which I could have planned for myself.

Just follow after those scriptures God gives you and HE will get you to the place you need to be!  All we need to do is follow after verses of scripture given by the Holy Spirit.  These scriptures are like stepping stones leading us through the land.



Joan Boney



*****