* I could not live in peace, if I were in debt.




I was born again in 1975, and one of the first things God showed me to do is to get out of debt and to stay out of debt.  This has been critical in keeping me from purchasing wrong things and keeping me from being involved in wrong works.  I only buy that which I can pay for immediately.

"using the world but not abusing the world" ... as some people do.  (I Cor. 7:31)

Also, one thing we must do, between now and the return of Jesus, is to be in peace constantly for the apostle Peter said to be diligent that when Jesus returns HE would find us in peace, without spot, and blameless.  (II Peter 3:14)

We can only live in peace if we take each troubling issue to God in prayer and allow God to settle us by HIS Spirit.

Philippians 4

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.




*****

Coronavirus should show us how quickly unexpected things can happen.  If you are in debt, you had more to go though than the person who is out of debt.

There are so many things one can buy.  

The first thing I do in considering whether or not to buy something is this:  Does God approve this purchase?  

I never purchase anything unless I have the cash to pay for the item.  I just allow money to accumulate and then each time I feel led by God to purchase the item, I have that money already in my savings account or in my bank account.

I would not want to leave this world owing anyone for anything, causing hardship on others by my "greed" or covetousness.

Therefore I use this world but do not abuse this world.

I Corinthians 7:31  And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

The second thing I do before purchasing anything is I must have money to pay for the purchase.  I do not charge anything without being able to pay for the item when the charge account bill arrives.  I do not live in any debt.

Years ago, Master Card actually removed my credit card because I had no debt and paid for everything at the end of each month!  I took out a VISA card at that time and paid everything at end of the month and still have that same VISA card with a credit line of $15,000 last time I looked.

I don't care about interest rates because I never have any debt, even on a house.



***

Romans 12
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.




***

James 3   (Recognizing the wisdom that is from above.)

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
But if you have envy and strife in your hearts:

James 3

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.



***

Guidance from the Holy Spirit:

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear (from God), that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


*****