* When our righteousness is of God.




When God brings a scripture or a concept to our mind, and we follow that instruction, then our "righteousness" is of God for God is the author of our plan.

We can follow "that" direction with assurance and cling to that concept and know it will come to pass in our lives.  Also our faith is in God when that is the situation.



*****

It is very good to recall those situations where we know it was God leading us.

  * Radio:  Angel of Lord speaking 3 words into my ear at night on January 10, 1980:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS

  * Blog:  Dream:  "It's a little voice, but it is a nice little voice."

  * Books on Amazon:  "Maybe you could also write ministry books."

  * Podcasts:  Word given to Pam Padgett, "Podcast" , January, 2020 ... followed by dream given to me in early February, 2020, "Starving kittens at my front door and also in my garage."

(Other examples:)

* Man who was thinking of building another building to store his stuff and he heard, "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff."

* Thinking of upholstering 25 year old car seat and heard, "Or you could just get a new car."

* Thinking of how much I would enjoy a wood burning fireplace and heard, "You can have that ."

* While trying to tune defective TV, heard, "You don't have to put up with that."



***

But many do their own works led of themselves without being authored by God.

Matthew 7   Jesus says:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 

22 Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.




***

The work of the Holy Spirit in our lives:


John 14:26 
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Holy Spirit knows the "heart" of God and brings to our mind ideas which shows us the way of God in the issues of this life. 

I Corinthians 2

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Therefore our righteousness is of God when we do the things brought to mind by the Holy Spirit.  We are doing things "in God's righteousness" and not by our own will for it was shown us to do these things by the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


***

Recognizing the ideas that are from God:

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. 


***

We build our faith on the Word of God, but the Word of God is not always in the form of a scripture:

When the Word of God is a concept:

* December 6, 2018 ... I fell at the house I had in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past my front door, the Holy Spirit brought the following thought to my mind, "You'll never see this house again."  That word was from God and was as true as any scripture for I did not see that house again.  I put that house up forsale.  A year and a half passed and the house did not sell.  As I prayed about the house, I would often be reminded of that word I had heard on December 6, 2018.  I knew it was the will of God for that house to sell.  I built my faith on "that word", just as I have often built my faith on a scripture.  I held fast to that word and often said to God, "I know it has to be YOUR will for that house to sell because YOU told me I would never see that house again."  Finally the house sold, in March 2020.

I John 5

14 And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:

15 And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

(We must pray according to the will of God.)



***

If we try to do something not authored by God.

Matthew 7

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?


23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


***

Jesus says:

Matthew 23:15    Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

It is only when we hear from God to do that work that it is good.


***


II Corinthians 5

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of HIM.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;

*****