* Proverb 3: The WORD frees us from fear.




25 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh.

26 For the Lord
(the Word) shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.




***

Jesus says:

John 10:10   The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jesus is The Word.

The Word comes to our mind by the Holy Spirit to show us what to do in each issue of this present life so we can go in the will of God in the matter at hand.

Fear strikes.  We cry out to God for help.  God uses the Holy Spirit who is in us to bring to our mind scriptures or concepts to fight that fear and to give us faith in God.  And also God uses the Holy Spirit to show us what to do to handle the situation where there is fear.

Therefore in all things we have the mighty Spirit of God to guide us in each issue of this present life.


*****

Examples:

*  Car battery:  It was approximately 4:45 pm.  I went to car and turned on ignition to start the car and the battery did not respond.  It was completely dead.  It was a Friday afternoon and almost closing time for auto businesses.  Calling out to God for help, "How can I handle this?"  God sent idea. "Quickly call your mechanic."  I rushed to phone, called mechanic, he was just closing and would be leaving in about 10 minutes.  I told him I needed new battery.  He said he would come by my house on his way home and bring a new battery and install the battery.  This took care of the issue and he had the car running again by approximately 5:30 pm the same day.

***

*  Birthday card:   A friend sent me a birthday card.  Inside the card she put a note telling me of all her activities with her husband, and daughter, and grandson, and of all their plans for the holidays.

As I read her note, instantly the Holy Spirit reminded me of the following truth:  "You are dead and your life is hid in Christ."

"That's right!" I responded.

I have no husband, daughter, grandson ... I have no plans at all for upcoming holidays.

Had the Holy Spirit not spoken these words to me I might have had cause to become a little "down" emotionally.  But because of that word brought by the Holy Spirit, I was rejoicing in the Word of God instead of feeling sorry for myself.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 


4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.


***

Ephesians 3

20 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 

Because of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, God is able to communicate directly with us to comfort us, to teach us, to show us what to do, to show us truth.



*****