* Trying the spirits to see if thoughts are from God.




God sends thoughts to us by the Holy Spirit to show us what to do ... thoughts also comes from our own fleshly desires and from devils.  Therefore we must determine the spirit that the thought comes from before we follow that spirit.

I John 4:1   Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: 

Don't be afraid.  God can make it clear to us when we belong to HIM.

It seems to me that so often when we are trying to rush to get an answer, the wrong spirit jumps in to help us.

We have to learn to trust God, and to relax, and to know that God can and will help us.  And then wait until the answer comes and even, if needed confirm the source of that answer through prayer.  

Examples in this Podcast:



*****

Recognizing those thoughts that are from God:

* If the idea is complex, difficult to do, expensive, I know I do not have the plan that is from God.

* If there is a driving type spirit telling me I have to get this done immediately... usually that is not God.

* If there is fear involved, often it is not God.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

But if there is envy or strife involved, be careful:

James 3

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.


16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

In cases such as this, I like to pray and get God to clean my heart and to renew HIS Spirit in me.

Psalm 51:10   Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.


***

Devil tries to attack me to make me think I have done wrong when I gave information to a woman.

This woman came to me telling me about many problems she had even back to childhood.  It was a mountain of problems.  She asked me if I could do a teaching on forgiveness.  I could do that but what God told me was this woman needed to do Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

To take care of all these things of past, she needed to take each event to God in prayer, asking God to show her the truth, asking God to heal her and to help her.

She needed to do this one event at a time, perhaps making a list over those things which she had prayed.  Usually the answer is so clear to us that we have no need to write down the answer for it is vivid and unforgettable when it is from God, and often so simple that we are amazed.

I heard nothing from this woman after I delivered Philippians 4:6 ... I taught this several times on blog and Podcasts because it was such an helpful bit of information for each of us to beware to do Philippians 4:6.

After about 3 weeks, this woman contacted me telling me it hurt her each time I taught this on blog or Podcast.

It should not have been any problem to this woman.  She should have rejoiced at receiving the way to eliminate the problems through God.  She also should have been happy that others had a chance to benefit.  Her attitude showed she had a very deep problem inside her in the form of pride.

I told her these things and heard no more from her.

But the devil used this opportunity to attack me.  It was a pretty strong attack.  I cried out to God.  

God showed me to review the information I had given this woman.  When I did that, I saw what I gave her was very good and had power of God to turn her problem if she did Philippians 6 over each concern as I told her to do.

By this,  God reestablished me and settled me from the attack of devil.


***

The devil often comes telling us we did wrong.  He comes to us through fearful thoughts or even through humans. 

Barbara's attack 

In my case, the devil's purpose is usually to try to disrupt the ministry to which I have been called or even to get me to completely turn from doing that ministry.

***


Paul tells us we are not unaware of the way devil attacks us and his "devices".

II Corinthians 2:11    Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

***


Devils try to take us exactly opposite to the way God would take us.  And often the flesh prefers going in that way authored by devils.

James 4:4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

(friend:  to give support and aid to)

Our flesh often wants to encourage others.  And we might end up encouraging others in something that is not the will of God or the right way for that person.

Clay getting job.

We might want to be "friends" with relatives who have chosen to go in a church way that is opposite from scriptures.  We might try to correct them over and over.  This leads to our own destruction.

Titus 3

10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.


Isaiah 5:20   Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!


***


Devils also attack us at points of our greatest desire.

For example If you desire grandchildren, you will often notice grandchildren every where you go.  If you desire to be married, you will notices couples everywhere while you are alone.  If you desire more money at your job, others will get raises.  

Each of these place you in danger areas and should cause us to recognize a prayer need for God to help us in those times.

Matthew 6   Jesus says:

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  

(Often it is our own will that opens doors for devil to attack us.)

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.


13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Just cry out:  "God help me."  (when you recognize the danger)


***


Sometimes the Holy Spirit will intercede for us in the danger even before the devil can strike.

Birthday card  (example on podcast)

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.

***


Sometimes the thought is so clearly from God:

(examples on Podcasts)

John's storage shed

3 dimes will work

fireplace wood

defective TV

upholstery of car seats?

Texas house


***


Ways of devils:

(examples on Podcast)

Barbara son's wedding

Linda cat



*****