* Keeping ourselves ready for the return of Jesus.





No one knows the exact day or hour that Jesus will return.  But Peter tells us we must be ready continually for Jesus' return.

2 Peter 3:10-14   But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Throughout each day of our lives on this present earth we must live in peace, without spot and blameless.

How we can do that?  

(Discussed on this Podcast.)

*****


The first thing we should do is meditate on 2 Peter 3:14 until it becomes real in our daily lives that it causes us to conform our actions on this earth to living this scripture and allowing it to rule over that which we do throughout each day.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

***

We must come to understand that this world and the things of this world are "temporary".  And we must learn that our kingdom is not of this world.  

Everything that we can see with our natural eye will be destroyed by God at the end of this world.

The only way we can live continually, daily in peace is by doing the following scripture:

Philippians 4:6-7   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (The Word).

This means when trouble comes, call on God for help.

When there is any concern at all, turn to God in prayer and let your request be made unto God.

If we have any dread about tomorrow, stop and pray to God.


***

Jesus says:

Luke 21

33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but MY words shall not pass away.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting (over indulgence), and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Watch:

Be careful about how you are living each day.  If you become angry with someone, turn to God immediately.  Ask God to help you.  Let God settle you quickly.  Let not the sun go down on your wrath.

Do not follow thoughts of devils.  For he comes to steal, to kill, to destroy.  Be sure the ideas you follow are from God.

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

***

Recently I stumbled into someone's sins.  It wasn't until I finished talking by phone with this person that I realized what I had done.  I also opened the door myself for trouble by sending him a "friendly" email.  He called me and began discussing his adult aged children with me.  

After I finished the phone call, I felt a little strange.  All through the phone call I kept holding back from wishing the son and daughter well.  It was like the Spirit of God was stopping me.  Then after the phone call I realized this man's son has been committing fornication for at least 3 years with a girlfriend.  These people identify themselves as Catholic.  I did not warn them about fornication.  The Holy Spirit did not bring the subject of fornication into my mind so I think the door on that subject must be closed by God.  

(About 20 years ago, I spoke to this man concerning the sin of fornication which he was committing with his girlfriend when his two children were approximately 9 and 13 years old.  His life is a tragedy.  His wife was a lesbian and it is my understanding that she left with her "lover" and he raised his two children.)

I did repent and ask God to forgive me two days later when I realized what had happened.  I was very sorry for opening the door by sending that friendly email.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.


***

We can lose reward in heaven by being friendly or by wishing evil doers well.

II John 

8  Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

***

One good thing that did come forth as I spoke to this man:

He inquired about Pam Padgett and he said how glad he was I was living with Pam.  

I replied:  "It's wonderful because Pam is a very godly person and she doesn't trouble meWhen there is a problem Pam prays, and when she hears from God, she does what God says and that problem is taken care of through what God tells her to do.  Then after God has shown her what to do, she might tell me so I can also delight in what God has said to her."

It is possible that this information pricked this man's heart for he had just been telling me his problems,

We must be diligent to "watch ourselves", what what we are doing.  The people are often doing things that are unthinkable to godly people, even when they are attending a church.

***

A few months ago, God gave me a dream.  Some very dirty cats kept getting in my house.  I would get them out of my house only to find they were back in my house.  God showed me I was opening the door to them by being friendly 

We "invite" people into our lives by our friendly emails or phone calls.  Then we wish evil doers well in their fornications with their "girl friends" and in their denial of God as they cast aside scripture.  (Often they attend some church while doing these sins.)

Then we wish them well as we make "friendly" inquiries about their godless children who are doing godless things.  And as we make inquiries, we open doors for the stories of their filthy way of life and the filthy way of life of their children.  Then we are troubled.  Often we have brought their trouble on ourselves.

We must stop doing this if we desire to serve God and hope for a full reward from God.

We can repent and be forgiven and be careful in future concerning opening doors for evil doers in churches to tell us their sins and to tell us of the sins of their own children, making us a part of the sin. 

I Timothy 5:22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure. 


Thus Jesus says "Watch yourselves, what you do."  (Lk. 17:36)

And if we do choose to hear of their evil, usually the Holy Spirit will have us correct them, speaking to them the way of life.

In this case, the Holy Spirit did not have me bring correction to this man but after the phone call, the Holy Spirit showed me that I had opened the door for evil to come into my own life and I repented and asked for God to forgive me.

Hopefully I will be more alert as to what I am doing as I go forward.  (I usually am alert and avoid the evil that can come from people through my questions about their lives.  But this time I slipped.)

Proverbs 10:19   In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.


***

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Let God be our Lord by turning to HIM rather than to other people.


***

James 3

14  But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.


***

Matthew 11  Jesus says:

29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Pray:

Be connected throughout the day with God through prayer.

Prayer is the only way we connect with God for as we take each concern to God in prayer and hear from God and do what God says, we make ourselves worthy to escape that which is coming upon this present world.

Jesus says the following to the church.

Revelation 3:5   He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

We "overcome" as we seek the will of God in the midst of the problem and hear from God and follow what God says to do.  By this, we connect ourselves to God.


*****