* A shocking question.





We have a neighbor who is a tennis coach.  She stopped by our house one day and I showed her my colorful tennis wrist bands that I have been using to help with my two broken wrists.

As she looked at them, she asked, "Does this mean you support gay rights."

I was very shocked.

I replied, "I don't think so."

(I couldn't understand why anyone would think my tennis wristbands would imply that.)

I looked on Amazon where I had ordered the wristbands to see if in any way these referred to homosexual/lesbian and they did not.

Then I recalled an organization formed years ago to support black people and it was called "Rainbow Coalition".

The wrist bands have several colors: purple, green, yellow, orange, red.

I think our neighbor wanted to know our view concerning homosexuals and lesbians.

I prayed:  "What do I do about this?"

Immediately I felt I had God's answer.

Pam Padgett heard this neighbor's question, so I called Pam into my room and asked her to send an email and a Podcast to this neighbor.

Pam sent the following:

"Since you mentioned "gay / lesbian support" yesterday when Joan showed you her wrist bands, you may be interested in God's view of this.  Here is a podcast:  "

Homosexual/lesbians.  What Bible says.   

 
As Pam and I spoke about this subject, she was reminded of the following:

When you showed neighbor your colorful tennis wristbands and asked if she knew what they were, and she replied, "Does it mean you show support for "gays" and lesbians?", I kept thinking "Why would she say, or even think of that?

Nothing other than the bands being colorful ever came to our minds regarding the bands.

Then I was reminded of the following scripture:

Titus 1:15   Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16   They profess that they know God; but in works they deny HIM, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.




*****

Another scripture:

Genesis 6

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that HE had made man on the earth, and it grieved HIM at HIS heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth ME that I have made them.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted HIS (God's) way upon the earth.

God sets the perfect way for man to live and man changes that way set by God.  This brings the wrath of God upon man.  

 
*****