* If the unbeliever depart, let him depart.

 


Numbers 33

50 And the LORD spake unto Moses in the plains of Moab by Jordan near Jericho, saying,

51 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan;

52 Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

55 But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.

Often we hold back the word of God because it might offend a neighbor.

Let that word of God "prove" the neighbor.

Speak the word that is brought to mind by the Holy Spirit when you are with that person.

If the neighbor is of God, he will rejoice in that word of God that you speak.

If the neighbor is not of God and if he is offended, he will likely depart from your company.

But if you try to keep a neighbor in your company when he is doing evil according to God, then he will be as a "thorn in your side" and a "prick in your eyes."

So if the Holy Spirit opens the door, speak.

And if the unbeliever departs, let him depart.

II Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be MY people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be MY sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.


2 John vv. 8-11

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.


James 4:4   Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.


*****

Before people come to my house, I usually ask God to have me speak that which HE wants spoken.

If a subject comes to mind, I try to speak that.  If a scripture comes to mind, I try to speak that.

After the people leave, sometimes God will call something to my mind and I will think, "I wish I had told them that."

But I believe if God had wanted me to speak that to them, then HE would have called it to my mind while they were at my house.  So I then think that word I heard after they left was for me to help me to evaluate the situation and also to keep myself by the Word of God, enduring to the end.

Psalm 84:11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield:


***

Recently a church going woman, whom I met two years ago when I moved to Colorado, came to Pam's house where I live in Colorado.  The first time I met this woman, she tried to find out what I thought about homosexuals and lesbians.  But the way she went about it was so cloaked that I didn't realize that was what she was trying to do until later.

This current year, she came to Pam's house and came into my room to visit with me.

This woman teaches tennis and I had recently ordered tennis wrist bands to help support my two broken wrists when I type. 

When I showed her my bright colored wrist bands, she said, "Does this mean you support homosexuals and lesbians?"

I was very shocked.  I replied, "No ... I don't think so."

(I couldn't understand how she could think that might be the case.  I looked on Amazon where I had purchased these wrists bands to see if there was any reference to homosexuals or lesbians and there was not any.  Later I saw a photo on TV of homosexuals and lesbians parading in the streets and some of them carried flags with bands of various colors on their flags.  I guess she related to those flags and took this as an opportunity to find out where I stood concerning homosexuals and lesbians.)

Two days later, I felt God was leading me to send several scriptures to her showing God's view of homosexuals and lesbians and I told her I agreed with God on the issue.

Genesis 13:13-14   Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.  But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.

In Sodom, homosexuals were in every quarter of the city.  God sent 2 angels to destroy Sodom and to bring Abraham's nephew, Lot, out of that city.

Genesis 19:4-7  But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.  (have sex with them)

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

The 2 angels delivered Lot and his wife and two unmarried daughters from the city of Sodom and then they destroyed the city of Sodom and all the people who lived in Sodom.

And I gave this neighbor the following scripture showing how God feels about homosexuals and lesbians:

Romans 1:26-28   For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

To date, I've never heard from this woman again.

If the unbeliever departs, let him depart.

***

2 Timothy 4:2-4   Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.


*****