* Moving of God

 


Something happened on 5-19-2021 that was very unexpected!

I live in the home of Pam Padgett from our little church group.
 
Pam discovered water coming from her water heater into the basement and she arranged for a plumber to bring her a new water heater and install it that same day.

Plumber noticed my old car sitting in driveway and he said,  "If I ever wanted to sell it, he was very interested in buying it."  He has a 12 year old son who is CP (cerebral palsy),  and he needed a bigger car.  At this point he doesn't have a car but they use his plumbing trucks to get around and it is harder for his son to get into those vehicles so he wanted a car that sits lower to the ground,

After he changed the water heater, he took the car out for a test drive.  The car runs great so I knew there would be no problem.  It is a 1994 Lincoln Town Car ... huge trunk which can easily carry son's wheelchair.

The car was no burden to us but it had to sit outside all the time and I really wanted the car to have a place in winter, although it managed 2 winters just fine and never had any problem at all starting car.

While he was test driving the car, I had decided that if he made an offer on the car, I was going to give him the car.

I told Pam to bring him in to see me if he made offer.

He told Pam he wanted the car and he said "Why don't you take the water heater and then I'll also give you some cash for the car."

Pam said, "You need to see Joan."

He presented the Water Heater plan to me and I said, "No, I want to give you the car."

He was very shocked!

I said, "We can afford to pay for Water Heater.  You just take the car."

I told him we would pay him for the Water Heater and for him to just take the car for his son.

He just couldn't believe this was happening.  He said no one had ever given him anything before.

He said he would tell his son I had given him the car.

I said, "No ... tell your son God gave him the car.  For I had just asked God what HE wanted me to do about the car."

He said he knew when he got home his son would be outside polishing the car immediately (he can't walk but he has use of hands)

His dad said he thinks the son will be able to drive that car for he has use of his right leg and right hand.  So dad will start teaching him to drive and when he is little older he should be able to get driver's licenses even though he can't walk.

(That's going to be one happy kid!)

Dad said they go up in mountains every week end and he was sure they would take the car up there this week end.

I'm glad for the car!  We had to take car out about every two weeks for a "walk" just to keep up battery and tires.

Last time we went to get food, I noticed the old car which was parked in the driveway and saw  how low to ground it had gotten and I told Pam it was time again to take car for a walk.  

Pam said we just got car license registration notice a couple of days ago and she hadn't sent in the fee yet.  (only $70)

The plumber said he noticed in the car a book with my name on it and he asked if he could take that book with the car.  (And I had already told Pam to give him "Building your house on the word of God.")  Of course he can have both books.

I wrote out name of blog and also told him of Podcasts.

He asked, "Do you do the recordings?"

I said, "Yes" and pointed to the microphone which sits by me.

I had just asked God a few days ago if there was anything I should do with the car.  Insurance is only $100 per year as attached to Pam's insurance.  So there was never any pressure to get rid of the car.

It's just that I hated to have car just sitting there unused.

It's fun for me to think of car having a good home and getting to go out for rides and even getting to go into mountains.

I had him take my Texas license plates off the car and leave them for me.  They were expired but we had not changed to Colorado but we had Colorado plates in the car trunk.  

It will be fun for me to think of his son with the car.

The dad is only 48 but he looks a lot younger.

He told me he spent 18 years in Navy ... broke his neck ... had to retire from Navy ... got a job at Fort Carson Army base ... was making $100,000 a year but he never got to see his son or daughter because he got home so late so he quit his job and decided to put in his own plumbing business.  He was scared at first but it has worked out well for him.  He said his dad had a plumbing business and he had worked as plumber since he was 8 years old so he decided to give it a try.

I told him if he and children were ever in neighborhood, come in.

(I could see a few things about the moving of God which I will explain in this Podcast.)


*****