* Mini Podcast: HE (Jesus) maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters. (Psa. 23:2)


 

The shepherd watches over the flock of sheep.  He sees the sheep eating away at the grass of the pasture and the shepherd knows they will consume the pasture in a short time and the shepherd begins to look for new grasslands where there will be plenty of food and water for the sheep.

God watches over us this way and makes provision for us.

God provided for Elisha the prophet. 
 
2 Kings 4:8-11 And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.

9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.

10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.

11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.

Everything was provided for him.

In 2018, my heart changed on several things.  I had a big house in Texas and I no longer wanted a big house.  I wanted one room with all my stuff around me.

(God was preparing me for a change that was coming very soon.)

Also I realized I was not going to be able to live alone as I had done before.  (I was 81.)

On December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past my front door to take me to hospital, I heard from God:  "You'll never see this house again." 

God had prepared everything for me to move to another pasture where I would be cared for.

All I had to do is to go through each door as it opened for me!

God cares for us as that good shepherd cares for his own sheep.


*****