* Keeping those scriptures before us which God gives to us by HIS Spirit:




God brings scriptures to our attention to encourage us.  

When this happens, those scriptures are chosen by God for us to fit our need.  

For example:

In Pam Padgett's more recent need, God gave her this scripture:  Psa. 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.

In my most recent need, God gave me:  Romans 1:16-17  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

It is important to collect the scriptures which God brings to our mind and  keep them before us day and night (for a season) to strengthen us and encourage us in our assignments. 

As individuals, our needs at this point in time differ, but God fills those needs in our lives by calling to our attention scriptures or dreams which we need to keep before us.

I will share with you a few of my personal collection of scriptures which I keep on my Kindle photo album for easy access.  

I usually go over these scriptures daily to help me in the faith and to strengthen me in the assignment God has given me while HE keeps me on this present earth.

This may shock you, but I find it even harder today to keep the faith and do the work of God than it was 40 years ago.  

I believe this means the sins of people and the attack of devils has increased because we draw closer to the return of Jesus.  (See: Rev. 12:11-13)

Therefore I find that I need to do even more meditating in scriptures, for the time of Jesus' return draws nearer.

Joan Boney

*****

As we encounter problems of this life, to put a spotlight on the problem we are having and to strengthen us to be able to overcome in the situation, God may give us a scripture or a dream to show us what to do.

***

In February 2021, some disturbing thoughts came to my mind in the form of "what if?" ... Instantly God brought the following to my mind:

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  (by the Word HE gives you)

I said:  "That's right!"

If a "need" arises, God will bring me a "WORD" to show me what to do and that need will vanish when I do that Word.

I added that scripture to a list of scriptures which God has brought to my mind in the past so I can be encouraged as I live on this present earth and go forward.

Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.


***

In 1975, I owned a small business and a man filed a law suit against me.  I hired a lawyer.  But the bills for the legal services began coming in weekly and it was taking most of the profits from my business to pay those bills.

One day, God brought the following scripture to my attention:

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

I began to reason this scripture:   I am now a Christian so this promise applies to me.  Therefore the weapon of this lawsuit cannot prosper against me.  I can dismiss my lawyer and go to court without any human legal counsel, eliminating the financial drain coming upon my business.  I dismissed my lawyer based on what this scripture said to me.  I planned to go to court with out humal legal counsel.  Six days before the trial, the man dropped all charges and there was no court case.

I keep this scripture in my mediation scriptures to remind me and encourage me as I go forward.

***

When I was a new Christian, God called to my attention several scriptures showing me what the Holy Spirit of God would do for me.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I Corinthians 2  

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love HIM.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

I owned a small business in American Indian arts at that time and I began to live by that which God showed me by HIS Spirit.

Before I would go to buy merchandise, I would pray for the artist to make the items I needed.  When I saw the art objects, I prayed for God to show me what to buy.  As I returned to my shop, I prayed for God to send out the angels to bring the customers into my shop to buy the art objects.

In the 4 years I operated that business, every item sold.  I never had a special sale.  The items just sold.


***

As a new Christian, God called my attention to the following scripture:

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

At the same time, I was reading about wisdom given to Solomon and I read many scriptures in Proverbs which encourage us to seek wisdom.

When I saw this, I wrote in my Bible, above each chapter, "Pray for wisdom."  For I knew I needed God's wisdom to understand scripture.

I John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of HIM abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in HIM.

God teaches us by the Holy Spirit who lives in us and reminds us of scripture and concepts.


*****