* Sometimes we misinterpret a scripture, or a dream, and we end up in bondage never intended by God.





After I was born again in 1975, by God speaking a word to me by His Spirit.

About two weeks later, in the night while I was sleeping, I was "transported" into heaven and was merged into the body of Christ, made one with the Word of God, God and Holy Spirit witnessing.  (I saw no physical images it was a spiritual experience.)

A few nights later, the exact same thing happened to me a second time.

What did this mean?

Later I came to believe at this time I was ordained to be a minister of Jesus in two offices as apostle and prophet.

But how can I do this being a woman?

The apostle Paul said:  

I Corinthians 14:34-35   Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

The Spirit of God said to me:  "Look at what these women were doing?"

When I reread the scripture, I realized these women were asking questions during the church gathering and were thereby interrupting the service.  Paul was stopping them.  

The Spirit of God then reminded me that Philip had 4 daughters who did prophesy.  Acts 21:9

Prophecy is for the church so these daughters would have to speak to the church to prophesy.

By these things, God persuaded me to do the work to which I am called, exhorting the church as an apostle/prophet.

I completely agree with Paul that women must be kept under control.  I've witnessed women taking over in the church and stopping the flow of the Spirit of God.  I would stop them also.

But when a woman has a Word from God she should be free to speak that Word from God to the church gathering that all may be edified in the church.

*****

Also God reminded me of Deborah. She was a prophet in OT.  She was married.  She judged Israel.  She even told the captain of the army to go to war.

Judges 4:4-5  And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

6-7 And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun? And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand.

8 And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.

9 And she said, I will surely go with thee:

This example of Deborah and the way God used Deborah for the children of Israel shows us that God does as HE wills with women in the church.

***

I love scripture.  But I also know sometimes humans misuse scripture and they bind themselves by scriptures in ways God never intended.

We must take scripture to God and ask HIM to give us wisdom about those verses and allow God to interpret scripture to us.

Once God gave me something to say to the church and I said to God, "If I say that, they will not understand and they will misinterpret what I am saying."

God said, "They misunderstood what Paul said didn't they?"

Peter said this concerning them misunderstanding what Paul wrote to them:

II Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

(Those who have the Spirit will understand but the others will not understand.  For the sake of those who have the Spirit, we speak, and we suffer the persecution from the others.)

If we are led by God and HIS Spirit we will understand as one and be united by HIS Spirit.

Ephesians 4

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.


But many try to understand with their natural mind and they end up setting up other denominations.


*****