* No weapon formed against us will prosper, says God.





As a new Christian, in 1975, I came across an astounding scripture with this promise from God to the church.

Isaiah 54:17   No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

At that time I owned a small business.  A man filed a lawsuit against me.  This was certainly a weapon against me.  Also my own lawyers were sending me bills for their work and at the rate this was going I would be back in debt before long.  My lawyer bills were eating up all the profit from the sale of merchandise in my business.

When I saw that scripture in Isaiah 54, I began to reason:  I am now a Christian so this promise of God applies to me!  This weapon cannot prosper against me.  So I can dismiss my attorneys, since the lawsuit cannot prosper against me anyway, and I can stop all the legal bills, and I can go to court without any human legal counsel!

I definitely proved the validity of the scripture at that time and I know it is true for us today and valid today!

Then in 2019, God showed me something else about this scripture:

This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

As a servant of God, my righteousness is of God, because I am doing that which God told me to do in the situations pertaining to the present life so that makes my righteousness to be of God!


*****