* My God shall supply all your need.





There are many types of needs:  

money, 
jobs, 
information concerning what to do, 
encouragement in following God

Regardless of our need, God is our supply and source when we belong to HIM.

The king of Sodom offered to bless Abraham, but Abraham declined and said:  

I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,  That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:  (Gen. 14:22-23)

Abraham purposed in his heart that he wanted his provision to come from God and not from man.

James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Deut:28:1-2  And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all HIS commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:  And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

Like Abraham, Moses refused the blessings that man could give to him and chose God for HIS source.

Hebrews 11:24-27   By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;  Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;  Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.  By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing HIM who is invisible.

We are greatly blessed when we choose to make God our source, HIM who is invisible, rather than making man our source on this earth.


*****

I am 83-years-old.  I can only walk a few steps with a walker.  One of our church members took me into her home to live and she helps me.  Recently she failed to come to my room to give me my medicine.  This was very unusual.  Had she fallen on the stairs?  Was she lying there helpless?  How will I get the animals fed? (2 dogs and 3 cats)  What if she has to go to hospital?  Thoughts were raging in my mind.

I began praying and instantly I heard this from the Holy Spirit:  "My God will supply all your need."

It was like having a great weight lift from my body.

I needed information and help and God supplied it at that moment by HIS Word which was brought to my mind and I relaxed, believing that word.

***

In 1975, I owned a small business.  A man filed a law suit against me.  I hired lawyers to defend me in court.  But the legal fees were eating up all the profit from my little business.  What to do?  I needed wisdom.

My attention was drawn to the following promise of God to HIS people.

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

I began reasoning this scripture:

I'm a Christian now so this promise applies to me.  This law suit is a weapon against me.  The legal fees are a weapon against me.  These weapons against me shall not prosper.  I will dismiss my lawyer and stop the legal fees and go to court without any human legal counsel.

When I released my attorney, he said:  "Joan ... you can't do this.  You don't realize how evil these courts are today.  We are willing to work with you.  It will only cost about $10,000 more to try your case."

$10,000 MORE ... I cried out, "Gordon ... stop ... don't do anything else!"

The following week, Gordon came back to my shop.  He said, "Joan ... we have decided we will try your case without any additional legal fees."

What is going on here?  One week it is going to cost $10,000 more and now it is free?  I didn't hear Gordon mention God in this.

So I replied,  "I'll have to get back with you on this."

I turned to God and began praying:  "What to YOU want me to do?"

I was reminded of a scripture to show me what to do:  Abraham said to the king of Sodom:  "I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,  That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:"  (Gen. 14:22-23)

I knew God was showing me to turn down the "free" legal service.

Several weeks passed.  Fear came in waves in forms of thoughts.  But with each fearful thought, God would remind me of a scripture to settle me.

I recorded all these scriptures on a cassette tape and played the tape when I went to bed each night.  When I awoke in the night, I turned the tape over and began playing it again.

Six days before we were to go to trial, the man dropped all charges against me.

Later my lawyer came back to my shop.  He said, "I want you to know that we have discussed your case at the law firm and we believe what you said happened actually happened."


*****