* Ways God communicates with us today.




Examples of ways God communicated with HIS people in the New Testament Bible ... and examples of the ways God communicates with us today. 

***** 

All children of God are "sealed" with the Holy Spirit.  Ephesians 1:13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Vision given to the apostle Peter: Acts 10


*** 

Ways God communicates with us today to show us what to do:

Angels are very powerful: Example, angel moves the great stone that sealed Jesus' tomb. 

* Angels speaking directions to us: 

Angel directs and leads Peter: 

Acts 12:1-10  Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter (after the Passover/ Unger Bible Dictionary) to bring him forth to the people. 

Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. 

And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison. And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. 

And the angel said unto him, Gird thyself, and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And he (the angel) saith unto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me. 

And he (Peter) went out, and followed him; and wist (knew) not that it was true which was done by the angel; but thought he saw a vision. 

10  When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him. 

11  And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent HIS angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews. 

When we see an example in the New Testament Bible, we can then know that same type of thing could happen to us today in the NT church, by the will of God.  

Example: 

January 10, 1980:  A trumpet like voice blew three words into my ear as I slept. "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ...  

Then God said, by the Holy Spirit, bringing a thought to my mind: "Call the radio station manager." 

(Within 5 days, I was broadcasting exhortations to the church on radio KWJS, after sending audition tape.) 

I believe this was an angel speaking direction from God to me to show me what to do that night in 1980.

By the end of that year, I was broadcasting exhortations for the church from cities between Hartford and Seattle, starting on station KWJS, just as that voice had told me that night in 1980. 

***

Knowing the ideas that are from God:

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

***
* Visions:
Paul: 
Paul: Acts 16:9-10  And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.
Example:
God began given me visions showing me "word of knowledge" starting in approximately 1977. It was in prayer group. As women prayed, I heard, "Look up." When I raised my head and opened my eyes, I saw a "vision" of a stomach outlined on a wall. After the women finished praying, I asked, "Does anyone have a stomach problem?" One woman jumped up and down and excitedly said, "I do." I think she might have been healed at that time.
After that, God often gave me words of knowledge at the Bible class at the church I was attending. The teacher of that Bible class always said, "Does anyone have a word from the Lord?"  And at that time I would present these words of knowledge to the class.
Spiritual gift: word of knowledge   (I Corinthians 12:8)

***
* Dreams:

Apostle Paul:

Acts 27:21-25  They were in danger of being ship wrecked:   But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to have gained this harm and loss.

22 And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship.

23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,

24 Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.

25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

(It doesn't say this angel appeared in a dream, but it certainly could have been in a dream.  But here is a scripture which does specifically say the angel of the Lord appeared to someone in a dream.  This happened to Joseph, the father of Jesus.)

Matthew 2:13-14    And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

Bible statement:  Concerning use of dreams and visions to instruct and to protect children of God. 

Job 33:15-18  In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then HE (God) openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
That HE (God) may withdraw man from his (own) purpose, and hide pride from man. HE (God) keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
Examples:
1982:  Dream: I was warned I was in danger of harm if I went out. Then in the dream, I heard, "Don't go until you see Exodus 15," (I cancelled all meeting that were scheduled for emainder of the year and stayed home and continued radio broadcasts.)
John 16:2  Jesus speaking to HIS apostles: "They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."
2012:  Dream: "little voice" ... shown to start blog
2020:  Word: Podcast ... then dream: White kittens ... feed the church with Podcasts
***
* Scripture carried by Holy Spirit to guide us and to instruct and teach us concerning that which God wants us to do.
I Corinthians 2:10-13 ... the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
As a voice, Jesus, THE WORD, appears to the apostle Paul on the road to Damascus and gives Paul a commission to do the work of apostle/teacher in the ministry.

Acts 26:9-19   Paul says:  I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

11 And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.

12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou ME? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And HE said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.   


16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,  

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in ME.

19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  


Work of the Holy Spirit according to Jesus:
John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.



Examples:

2015: To write ministry books on Amazon: The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the following scripture, after I asked God if HE wanted me to write books for ministry on Amazon ...  Joshua 1:9  the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

(I've had many other examples of the Holy Spirit bringing to my mind scripture and "words from God" to show me what to do in this present life.)


*****