* The Lord's Supper is the Word of God.


 

Each time we hear a word from God, believing that Word, doing that Word, examining ourselves by that Word, we partake of "The Lord's Supper."

The Lord's supper has nothing to do with crackers and grape juice served by man at church.

There is great power in eating and drinking the Word given by God.

There is no power at all in eating and drinking crackers and grape juice at churches.  That is set up by fleshly men and profits nothing.  You are no better if you partake and you are no worse if you do not partake.  It is nothing.

The church is built by that Word given by God.

Matthew 16:

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, HE asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

 12  And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15  HE saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16  And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.


No man taught this to Peter but God revealed this to Peter.

18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The church is built upon "the rock" of that Word revealed by God.

The Word given by God is The Lord's Supper.

Jesus said:  For the bread of God is he (The Word) which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.  (John 6:33)

John 6:54-56  Jesus said:  Whoso eateth my flesh (The Word), and drinketh my blood (The Word), hath eternal life; and I (The Word) will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I (The Word) in him.


*****

Dream:  September 6, 2020  The people were saved by a book given to them.  (I knew this book was The Word.)

*****

John 1

1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2  The same was in the beginning with God.

3  All things were made by HIM (The Word); and without HIM was not any thing made that was made.

4  In HIM (The Word) was life; and the life was the light of men.


*****

John 6

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is HE (The Word) which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I (The Word) am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I (The Word) will raise him up at the last day.

45  It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of  (by) God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of (from) the Father, cometh unto me.

48 I (The Word) am that bread of life.

50 This (The Word) is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I (The Word) am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread (The Word), he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man (The Word), and drink his blood (The Word), ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me (The Word), and I (The Word) in him.

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The Lord's Supper is that Word spoken to us by God.

***

I Corinthians 11

23  For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24  And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread (The Word), and drink this cup (The Word), ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread (The Word), and drink this cup of the Lord (The Word), unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself (by The Word), and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. (examining himself by The Word)

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves (by The Word), we should not be judged.

We judge ourselves as by The Word of God.  We examine ourselves by The Word of God.

Romans 12:2   And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We renew our mind by The Word from God.

Before Jesus came to this earth in the form of a man, HE was The Word.  Jesus is The Word now, today.

Psalm 23:1  The Lord (The Word) is my shepherd.  I shall not want.

We see Jesus as "The Word."

The Lord's supper is The Word from God given to us to lead us and guide us and comfort us and save us.


*****