* Revelations from God




 
The apostle Paul speaks of "revelations" from God in the following scripture:

I Corinthians 14:26   How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

In a "revelation", God opens our eyes to see something.

The first time this happened to me was over the following scripture.

Matthew 24

3 And as HE (Jesus) sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.



God explained it this way to me:  Many would come saying I (Jesus) am Christ and because they say "Jesus is Lord" , Christians will listen to them and they will be able to deceive many.

The first time I read this, I thought they were going to say they themselves were Christ.  But if they did that, they would not be accepted in the church by most of the church.  The other way, they will be able to deceive "many".

***

Another revelation from the Spirit of God:

This God explained to me in 1982 when I was reading the Bible.

II Thessalonians 2:3-4  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

God said to me:  "It is not that people will fall away from the churches but rather the churches will fall away from scripture"

***

Then in approximately 2017, God explained the following:  

II Thessalonians 2:6-7  NASB   And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only HE who now restrains will do so until HE (The Word) is taken out of the way.

The concept God gave me is this:  That which "restrained" antichrist, keeping antichrist out of the churches, was the scripture.  When they fell away from scriptures, the door was opened for antichrist to move into the churches. 

The WORD, Jesus was the restraint against antichrist.

***

As a new Christian, God showed me the following:

Matthew 16

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, HE asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 


14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 HE saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 


18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

God explained this to me:  Peter was blessed because it was God who revealed Jesus to him.  And the rock is that word revealed by God.  The gates of hell will not stand against that which God reveals to us.

***

From the beginning of my time as being a Christian, God has shown Jesus to me as The Word.

The Word is Jesus and Jesus is The Word.

When I read Bible, "The Lord" is The Word.

Psalm 23   

The LORD (The Word) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He (The Word) maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE (The Word) leadeth me beside the still waters.


(HE, The Word, causes me to go in the right direction.  HE, The Word, leads me into the proper place. All I have to do is follow that which HE, The Word, tells me to do.)

3 HE (The Word) restoreth my soul: HE (The Word)
 leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

(His name's sake means:  for the sake of The Word, HIS name.)


***

Several years ago, as I was enroute to Albuquerque, New Mexico, just as the plane landed I heard from God, "Be baptized."

My cousin, Church of Christ, picked me up at the airport.  I said to her, "Jeanne, if you can arrange it, I will be baptized this afternoon before I return to Dallas."

She was shocked, and said, "But you've already been baptized."

I replied, "But I wasn't born again then.  Now I am born again."

(I don't think she understood what I was saying.)

Several of my relatives had gathered at the church building that afternoon.  The minister asked if I would like to say something.  

I replied,  "I guess so."  and I just started telling how I was born again now and what it meant to be born again.  

I noticed my uncle was crying.  One cousin shook her head up and down, agreeing with that which I said.

As the minister lowered me into the water, The Holy Spirit said to me, "This is like being buried with Christ."

As I came out of the water, The Holy Spirit said, "This is like being raised with Christ."

Romans 6

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection: 


6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him (The Word), that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.


(Our flesh is crucified by the Word and we follow the Word instead of following the desires of the flesh so now we do not serve our flesh but we serve God by doing that which is authored by God by HIS Spirit.)

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that HE died, HE died unto sin once: but in that HE liveth, HE liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (The Word).


After being baptized, I returned to the church auditorium.  My uncle who had been crying came to me and said, "Can you write out that which you said and send it to me.  I've never heard anything like that before?"

I said to him, "I guess I can."  (I did write it out after I returned to Dallas and mailed it to my uncle.)

Later I realized, my uncle was born again as I spoke that day before I was baptized.

I had no idea at all, at that time, that I was called to be a minister.  I owned a small business in Dallas at that time.

Notice this:  When I heard, "Be baptized",  that day as my plane was landing, I made immediate plans to be baptized that same day.  I believe God wanted me to do what HE said at the time HE said it.  So I did.  I still do that.  When I believe God has told me to do something, I do that thing as soon as possible.

If we hesitate, I believe we give the devil more time to cause us to reason away That Word spoken by God.

Also, in this situation, being baptized that day that I was in Albuquerque, gave opportunity for me to speak the gospel, and for my uncle to hear that gospel and be saved!

My best friend in Dallas was upset that I was baptized while I was in Albuquerque for she had planned for me to be baptized in Dallas.

But when I told her what happened, she rejoiced!


***

One day, I heard, by the Holy Spirit, the following words:  "In the air."

That is in a scripture:

I Thessalonians 4

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (precede) them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.


We will all be changed in the blink of an eye and we will arise in our new heavenly bodies to meet Jesus in the air.  (I Corinthians 15)

This present heaven and earth will be destroyed by God by fire.

II Peter 3

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of Him in peace, without spot, and blameless.



***

This is a description of that new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteous, where we will be taken after we are raised to be with Jesus.

Revelation 21

1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earthfor the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

(We will have "no more pain" for we will not have these present earthly bodies to live in. By these fleshly bodies comes pain.  God will give us a new "spiritual body" in which to live.  I Cor. 15)


*****