* Trying to find a church to attend.




 

Jesus said we must worship God in Spirit and in truth.  (Jn. 4)

When things are being done contrary to the Bible, we cannot remain in that church group.

For example:

Jesus said:  whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.  (Mt. 5:32)

Paul said the following is "a commandment of the Lord".

I Corinthians 7:10-11   Let not the wife depart from her husband, But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife. 

I've never heard these things at any church I have attended.  Nor have I seen those churches do these things.

Many times, in looking for a church to attend, I have heard pastors add terrible things to the Bible, lustful things from their own fleshly minds.

One pastor said when the woman taken in adultery in John 8 was brought before Jesus she was naked from the waist up.  No such thing is in the Bible.  This pastor added this to the Bible as he spoke.  And the men in the congregations broke out in big smiles as they thought upon that which the pastor said.  I was horrified.  When I asked pastor where "that" is in Bible, he said he couldn't remember.  Then when I told him it was very important for me to know this and I asked him to look it up and have his secretary call and tell me where "that" is in Bible, pastor was furious with me and cried out in anger, "All right.  It's not in the Bible.  Where do you go to church?"

Another time pastor said Sarah and Hagar were 1/2 sisters.  I asked him where that is in the Bible for I couldn't find it.  At first the pastor said he couldn't remember where it was. Then the pastor screamed out at me, "All right.  It's not in the Bible."  He just made it up.  But there was no sorrow nor repentance in this pastor.  

These two pastors are examples of antichrist in today's churches.

II Thess. 2:3-4  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Churches would fall away from scripture in the last days.  This is what we are seeing today.


*****