* WHO is "The Lord"?


 

 When we read, "The LORD is my shepherd.  I shall not want?"  WHO is "The Lord"?  

Jesus says:  "I am the way."  What does that mean?

To me, Jesus is not the image of a man, though Jesus did come to this earth in the flesh and was here for a short period of time as a man.  But I don't think of "The Lord" as a human figure.

What is "The Lord" to you.  How do you see HIM?

I see Jesus, The Lord, as "The Word."

I am led by "The Word" given me by God.

I know what to do as I go forward by "The Word" which God brings to my mind by HIS Spirit.

I can't see how we can really follow God without seeing Jesus as "The Word."

Excitement for me is hearing that Word  that is brought down from heaven to me in the form of a thought brought to my mind to show me what to do on this earth.  And when I have that Word from the Spirit of God I have the confidence that I need to go ahead on this earth.

God said to Joshua:  

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.  (Joshua 1:9)


When God has told us to do something, that is all we need.

Did God tell me to do this?  That is the question for all that we do on this present earth.


*****

How God speaks to us today:

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


I Corinthians 2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ (The Word), and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God...

9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.


*****