* "What do we call you? Reverend?" a woman said to me.




 
In the setting up of the New Testament church, Jesus, from heaven, gave to the church the following: 
 
Ephesians 4:11-12   
 
And HE (Jesus) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
 
No man in the Bible called himself "Reverend" ... No person called another man "Reverend." 
 
Psalm 111...  Holy and reverend is HIS name.  (God's name) 
 
You may think it doesn't matter.  
 
But to call that minister "Reverend" not only violates the Holy Bible, but it causes idolatry in the church as that man is put in a place whereby the congregation worships him.
 
In 1980, God put me on radio to exhort the church.  A woman came to me telling me she was one of my listeners.  And she said to me,  "What do we call you?  Reverend?"

I was very shocked!
 
I replied, "No, call me Joan ... like you would call Paul, Paul." 
 
I did not have to think before telling her this because in me is the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit, and I knew we were not to be called "Reverend."

I would never permit this.

And neither should they. 
 
It's not just my opinion.  It is just not done in the Bible and that is what we go by when we serve God.


*****