* Part 3: Examples: Working the works of God because we believe the Word





John 6:28-29 Then said they unto HIM, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29  Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on HIM whom HE hath sent.

Examples:

From the time I was born again in 1975, God spoke to me many times by HIS Holy Spirit who brought information to my mind concerning the situations of this present life.  By these, I knew the will of God for me in the matter at hand.

A few of these examples are as follows:

* December 6, 2018

In the night, I fell in the hallway about 6 feet from my bedroom.  I lived alone at that time.  I was badly injured as I fell on the hall floor.  I felt my left hip was broken and my left hand was bent completely backward from my wrist.

I managed to roll my body onto my right hip and I started trying to crawl to the bedroom where there was a phone on the night stand.  My goal was to pull on phone cord so the receiver of the phone would fall onto the floor where I could reach it and call for help.

But as I tried to inch my way down the tile hallway, the pain was so severe I felt I would lose consciousness. 

I couldn't do this.  I couldn't get to the bedroom.  But if I didn't, I felt I would die on the floor in that hallway, for no one was due at my house for another 8 days.

Then I heard this word from God by the Holy Spirit:  "You can do this."

Because I believed "that" word, I began to move toward bedroom inch by inch.

It took me 4 1/2 hours to reach the carpet area of the bedroom, which was about 6 feet from the place I had fallen in the hallway.

It was even more difficult to crawl when I got to the carpet.  But because of that word from God telling me, "You can do this," I made myself to keep crawling.

When I reached the phone and pulled on the cord, the receiver squirted off and I never saw the phone receiver again.

But under the table I saw a Kindle tablet which had been recharging.

If I could reach that tablet maybe I could get an email out to our church group and get them to send ambulance to my house!

I tried several times to send email.  I was almost unconscious and could barely see the screen of the Kindle table, and I only had one hand to work with, for the other wrist was broken and the hand was doubled backward and could not be used.

About 30 minutes later I heard someone at my front door.  I knew one of the church members had gotten my email where I said, "fallen... help ... send ambulance".

(Pam Padgett who lived in Colorado got the email and called the Lubbock, Texas, police department and told them what had happened and asked police to send ambulance to my house in Texas.)

As they had me on hospital gurney and were rolling me past my front door to take me to hospital, I heard these words from the Holy Spirit of God. "You'll never see this house again."

I didn't care.  I knew God had a plan for me!  And what a plan it turned out to be!

*****

*  February 24, 2019

I was in rehabilitation hospitals for 2 1/2 months after surgery.  

During that time God worked it out for me to move into home of Pam Padgett in Colorado.  

Pam came several times from Colorado to Texas (450 miles one way).  

On one of the trips, Pam managed to get my cat into a cat carrier (3 hours to do this), and she took the cat to Colorado as she drove my 25 year old car, in January 2019.

I was released from rehabilitation hospital on February 24, 2019.

(I was 81 years old at that time and I couldn't walk except by a walker and then only a few feet.)

Pam flew from Denver to Texas to help me with the plane trip.

I took pain and nausea medicine and we flew to Denver, Colorado, and drove another 60 miles to Colorado Springs to Pam's house.

When we got to Pam's house, I had a great deal of difficulty getting into the house because of a step on the porch.  

I could walk and was using walker.  It looked like I wasn't going to be able to get up that step.  But I kept trying and finally did make it into Pam's house.

The next thing we did was put a ramp from garage to laundry room of Pam's house.  I still use that ramp to get in and out of the house.


***

*  March, 2020

I had put the house in Texas on the real estate market in December, 2018.  

It did not sell for the next 1 1/2 years.  

I kept praying!  

Coronavirus became known to all in USA on March 11, 2020, when businesses began closing, and all sporting events were cancelled in USA.

(Never before had we seen anything like this!)

People were terrified!  and I was saying to God, "What about that house in Texas? Is there anything You want me to do?"

Instantly I heard following from the Holy Spirit of God:  "Reduce the price of the house and put it on a special sale price for the next week."

I told my realtor in Texas to do this.

The house sold in 2 days.

Then complications occurred and the buyers backed out.

But a year before this God had given me an open vision of that house in Texas.  I saw a man intently looking at the house.  Then he drove past the house on the north side and he was looking at the house all the time he was slowly passing the house.  When he got to the alley behind the house, he stopped his car and backed up to the side of the house and was staring at the house.

And this is exactly what happened in the open vision God had given me.

The buyers who backed out of the contract, came back.  But my realtors had quit and the buyers had to deal with my new realtor. 

I had to raise the price of the house by $7,000 to cover the inspection requests of the buyers, and subsequent repairs made to the house. 

They decided to buy the house anyway.

We closed on May 15, 2020, and the check was wired to my bank in Colorado.

It was over!   finally!

(My income was helped greatly, for that house had been costing us $500 per month while it sat empty.  I was struggling to meet expenses in Colorado until the house actually sold and the expenses on the Texas house stopped!)

***

* June, 2020

I was considering having new upholstery put on the seats of my 26-year-old-car and the Holy Spirit spoke this to me by bringing this to my mind: "Or you could just buy a new car."

I had never thought of doing "that".

I thought about it and then I replied, "That's right!"

The house in Texas had sold.  The money was in the bank.  I could buy a new car and pay cash.  

(If I didn't have the cash, I would know it was not the Spirit of God speaking to me because in approximately 1975, after I was born again, God told me to "Get out of debt and stay out of debt."  I had been debt free since that time and have fought many time to stay out of debt through the years.)

That same night, God gave me a dream.  "I bought a new car."

When I awoke that morning, I told Pam Padgett what had happened.  I told her I would like to go out immediately and look for a new car.  By noon, we were going to various car dealers.  We bought the car that day and they delivered it to us on the following Monday.  That was June, 15, 2020.

(I was 82-years-old then.  God arranged for me to live in home of Pam Padgett in Colorado Springs.  She is considerably younger than I am.  (65 I think.)  Pam does all the technical work for the blog, the books on Amazon, the Podcasts, and now Twitter..  She retired from Fed-Ex as a computer programmer.  She is one of the most God-centered persons I have ever met.  When a problem arises, she prays.  Usually she doesn't mention the problem to me.  She just talks to God about the problem and waits until God brings her the solution and then after the solution comes, often she tells me the problem and the solution God gave her. Therefore she usually doesn't trouble me with her problems!  She turns to God:  Phil. 4:6-7   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (The Word).

We put both of our old cars up for sale on local internet.

Pam's car, a 16-year-old Acura MCX, sold immediately.

My old car, a 26-year-old Lincoln Town Car did not sell. 

We drove the new car for about one month and liked it.

Then a series of troubles began with the new car!  And several times we had to take it back to the dealer.

But we still had my old car and it ran just fine!  So once we used it while the new car was at dealer, and later we borrowed a loaner car from dealer.  The new car had to go back to dealer several times as various problems surfaced.

When God tells you to do something, it doesn't mean it will be trouble free.  We overcame each problem by turning to God and talking with God and waiting until God showed us what to do.  The answer might come immediately.  Or it might be a few years later, like in the case of the sale of the house in Texas.  But the solution to the problem always comes, for God is faithful to help us while HE leaves us on this present earth.

💦💦💦


It is critical that we overcome, through God, the problems of this world which surface in our lives because of the following statement which Jesus made to the church at Sardis.


Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before his angels.


******