* Hearing a WORD from God and following that WORD are strong assurances for us as we live on this earth.





The Holy Spirit of God gives us an idea or a scripture to follow.  When we learn to recognize God speaking to us, we have such a strong advantage in going forward and it can set everything up for us in a way that puts us above this world in the various crises of this world.

In this Podcast, step by step illustrations are given concerning hearing from God and following God.

I consider we are coming into a season on this present earth where life is very different from that which came in previous years.

Each of us need to understand things will be different and those old plans could fail us.

But God will never fail us when we understand HIS voice and how to follow the Spirit of God.


*****

Psalm 18

1   I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.  (Loving THE WORD, which is Jesus.)

2 The LORD (The Word) is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.




***

"The LORD" is Jesus, The WORD.

Therefore the WORD is my rock and my fortress, my deliverer, my God, my strength ... in WHOM I can safely trust.


***

We move as God, The Word, leads us ... and we know The Word given us by God by HIS Spirit is safety.


***

Examples:

March 2020:  I had the concept brought to my mind as follows:  "Sell all your old sound equipment."  As soon as I received this word, which I believed to be from God, I called Pam Padgett and asked her to stop everything and put all the old sound equipment on Internet immediately for-sale.  

It seemed this would be a terrible time to sell sound equipment for we were in the initial stages of seeing businesses shut down and people being told to stay at home because of the Coronavirus.

Who would be wanting to buy sound equipment at such a time as this?

But through the years, God has taught me not to reason the Word away but to do the Word that I believe to be of God.  And to do it immediately.

Proverbs 21:30   There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD (The Word).

Just do the Word which you believe to be from God.

I told Pam to stop everything and put that sound equipment on Audiogon where people sell high level sound equipment.

As Pam listed the various components, people began contacting us immediately wanting to buy the items.  In a matter of a month, we accumulated approximately $13,000 from the sale of old sound equipment which had been stored and no longer used.  (Every item we listed sold.)

When the money came in, we just put that money in a bank account and waited until we saw a use for that money.


***

Mid-March, 2020:  I was very concerned over the Coronavirus news.  I could visualize extreme economic fall out from this problem.  I had, at that time, a house in Texas which had been on the market for 1 1/2 years and had not sold.  With great concern, I turned to God and said, "Is there anything I should do about that house in Texas?"  

Immediately this concept was brought to my mind, and I believed it was God speaking this to me.

"Put the house on special sale for one week and lower the price."

The same day I heard this Word, which I believed was from God, I called realtor and told her to lower the price of the house for one week.  Realtor said she thought that was a great idea but she asked if she could lower it for 2 weeks and I told her she could.  The house sold in 2 days.

James 1:5

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Philippians 4:6

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

The house closed on May 15, 2020.  (Approximately $290,000 after closing costs.)  I put the money in the bank account and did nothing else, just allowing this money to sit there in bank until God showed me to do something.


***

Late May, 2020:  I found a sound processor, a pre-amp, which I liked and bought it to run my previous theater system.  It turned out to be really wonderful, the best color I've ever seen on a TV picture and the sound was excellent quality.

Usually a really good processor will cost at least $10,000.  This processor was $4,000.  

Remember:  We had acquired approximately $13,000 from sale of old sound equipment in March, 2020.  So we used some of that money to replace the defective sound processor and still had approximately $9,000 remaining in bank from sale of previous unused equipment, because we did what we believed God said to do in selling the old sound equipment.

We continued to allow the remaining money to stay in bank account until such time as we felt a need for the money and until we believed God showed us to do something with the remaining money.


***

Mid-June, 2020:  I was having difficulty riding in my 26 year old car and also had difficulty riding in Pam's 16 year old car.  (I've had several bones broken and operations due to accidents.)  

I was thinking about what we might do to the cars to help me.  I was considering having new upholstery put into the passenger side of both cars.  (I no longer drive.)

As I thought about this, I heard a word, which I believed to be from the Holy Spirit:  "Or you could just buy a new car."

A new car?  I'd never considered that.  We certainly could buy a new car and pay for it in cash because the house in Texas had sold and the money was sitting there in the bank.

That same night, I had a dream where I had bought a new car.

I told Pam Padgett about this dream and also the Word I had heard from Holy Spirit.

We bought a new car immediately, the day after I had the dream where I had bought a new car.   ($48,000)

We also put Pam's old car up for sale and it sold within about 3 days. ($6,500)

Now my old car is also for sale.


***

We took the new car to a sound installation business and had the sound equipment upgraded for the new car.  We had more than enough left from the sale of the previously unused sound equipment to pay for the car upgrade.  ($8,000)

We also changed the tires on the new car to make the car ride softer.  (We had plenty of money to pay for this without any stress at all.)  $1,000


***

Several years ago, God said to me by His Spirit (a thought brought to my mind):

"One step at a time ... one step at a time ... It is enough."

Psalm 23:1   The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

When we hear from God and do what HE says, we will find we are prepared and there is no want.


***

These examples show following God by HIS Spirit.

First, God speaks, showing us to do something.

Then, we do what God has shown us to do.

Then we wait until we hear from God before doing the next step.

Then we hear from God to do something.

We then do that.

Then we wait before doing anything else.


***

And when we live "this way", we have full assurance in that which we do, for we know it was God who told us to do that which we did.


*****

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.


*****


I have been very strongly trained by God and exercised in recognizing the thoughts brought by the Holy Spirit showing the will of God in the matter at hand.

And in these examples, I clearly recognized the operation of the Holy Spirit showing me what God wanted me to do.

I Corinthians 2 ... The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to reveal the will of God to us.

John 14:26 ... The Holy Spirit teaches us all things and reminds us of everything Jesus has said to us in scriptures and in dreams.

John 16:13 ... The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth and shows us things to come.

These are incredibly strong advantages for us in this present life.

Romans 8:14    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


*****