* The power of meditating in the Word of God.




As we keep a scripture before us day and night, we find eventually we have a power in us which enables us to follow that scripture.  

In the Bible is it described as follows:

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

God leads the New Testament church today by HIS Spirit, the Holy Spirit, who lives in the believer.

When God speaks to us to reveal The Word to us, the Holy Spirit is also given to those of  us who believe that Word.  We are sealed by God with the Holy Spirit.  (Eph. 1)

One of the things done by the Holy Spirit is to remind us of the Word God has given us.  That shows us what we are to think upon and to do at this point in our lives.

Thus we are given various scriptures to lead us and guide us and comfort us and help us.  God does this by the Holy Spirit bringing these scriptures to our mind.  We then think on these scriptures and apply them to our lives.  Often we need to keep that scripture before us day and night, morning and evening, until it really becomes a part of us.  

I am currently working on the following scripture:

Romans 12:18   If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

I look at this scripture each morning and think on the instruction given me by this scripture.

At night, when I go to bed, I look again at this scripture to check myself and see if I have done what this scripture tells me to do as I have lived that day.

In a few days, as I do this scripture, it will become a part of my daily life and it will overcome my flesh which wants to quarrel with other people.  

I believe we are recreated in the image of Christ (The Word) each time we do a scripture.

In this podcast, I will speak with you about ways to set up scriptures on your Kindle tablet in your Photos (or I-phone), so you can keep scripture before you easily and think upon those scriptures given you by the Holy Spirit of God.


*****
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 *****