* In the beginning was THE WORD. In the end is THE WORD.




 

People today speak of "The Lord" and "Jesus"  but both are "THE WORD."  When we say, "The Lord is my shepherd," we are really saying "THE WORD is my shepherd."  For everything is THE WORD.

THE WORD was with God in the beginning.  At the appointed time, THE WORD came to earth in the form of the flesh of a man named Jesus, and dwelt for an appointed time.  Then THE WORD returned to heaven and became our intercessor and the Holy Spirit of Jesus, THE WORD, came to dwell in each believer.

Now THE WORD speaks to us by HIS Spirit.  THE WORD teaches us, speaking to us in the form of a thought.  THE WORD guides us into all truth.  THE WORD lives in us and is with us constantly.

All things were made by The Word and without The Word nothing was made.  If it exists at all it is by The Word.

All scriptures were inspired by God.  II Timothy 3:16 

God brought THE WORD down to men and they put THE WORD into the Bible, thus the scripture themselves are THE WORD.

The scriptures are not an history book telling about things of God.  The scriptures are God, The Word.

It is a mystery to most who say they are Christians today.

But The Word is God.



*****

John 1

1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2  The same was in the beginning with God.

3  All things were made by him (The Word); and without him (The Word) was not any thing made that was made.

4  In HIM (The Word) was life; and the life (The Word) was the light of men.



I definitely see "The Word" as God.  Therefore The Word is not the opinion of man.  The Word is to be followed, obeyed, reverenced.  To me, the following scripture describes the depth and essence of The Word.


Proverbs 21:30

There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.   (The Word) 

THE WORD is all there is.  We follow THE WORD.  For there is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel other than THE WORD.


Examples:


*****

Psalm 23:1   The LORD (The Word) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

As I hear The Word and follow The Word, HE, The Word takes me into green pastures where there is no want in my life.

***

Proverbs 16:5  The LORD (The Word) is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou (The Word) maintainest my lot.


*****

Today, God sends THE WORD down to the believers in the form of a thought brought to the mind by the Holy Spirit.

That Word brought down from heaven is God to us, to the believer.

That Word leads us, guides us, gives us truth ... and we follow That Word knowing it is God.

Thus:  

As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.  (Romans 8:14)



*****

This is explained for us in John 6:

28  Then said they unto Him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on HIM (The Word) whom HE (God) hath sent.
 

30  They said therefore unto Him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?  31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 

33 For the bread of God is HE which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I (The Word) am the bread of life: he that cometh to me (The Word) shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me (The Word) shall never thirst.

36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me (The Word), and believe not.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I (The Word) came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me (The Word), that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son (The Word), and believeth on Him (The Word), may have everlasting life: and I (The Word) will raise him up at the last day.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.  42  And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me (The Word), except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I (The Word) will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught (by) God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned (from) the Father, cometh unto me (The Word).

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me (The Word) hath everlasting life.

48 I (The Word) am that bread of life.

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I (The Word) am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

(We eat the flesh of the Word and drink the blood of the Word when we do the Word and live in the Word.) 
 
54Whoso eateth my (The Word's) flesh, and drinketh my (The Word's) blood, hath eternal life; and I (The Word) will raise him up at the last day.

(The Word comes with a shout ... and the dead in Christ awaken from the dead and rise ... I Thessalonians 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:)

55  For my (The Word's) flesh is meat indeed, and my (The Word's) blood is drink indeed.

56  He that eateth my (The Word's) flesh, and drinketh my (The Word's) blood, dwelleth in me (The Word), and I (The Word) in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me (The Word), and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me (The Word).

58 This (The Word) is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread (The Word) shall live for ever.


*****