* Looking for peace and living in peace.



   
In 1980, I was in France.  As I listened to the people walking past me, it was so lovely and peaceful.  Then I realized:  "It is peaceful to me because I can't understand what they are saying!"

One day, we come to this understanding:

II Peter 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

We can't make this present earth righteous.

It is the "new heaven and new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness."

But as Christians we do live in peace by learning to take every concern to God in prayer and by settling the matter with God by the Spirit of God and by living in the truth given to us by God concerning the issue at hand.

We, like Abraham, set our goal and mind as follows:

Genesis 14:21-23   And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.  And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,  That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

We, as children born of the Spirit of God, do not look to governments of men for our "riches" or well being on this earth.  We determine that which we have will be given to us by God.  We do not seek the lottery money.  We seek God's plan for our well being.

We do not protest in the streets when people do unrighteous acts.  For we know humans will be unrighteous on this earth.

We seek our well being from God and live in peace through prayer by trusting in God.


*****