* Matthew 7: Jesus says, "many" go in the way of destruction and "few" find the way of life




Jesus says: 

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


*****
Comments by Joan Boney:

A young man in his forty's, said to his mother:  "The Bible is so legalistic."

When I heard what he has said, I was so grieved.

I cried out to God and the Holy Spirit reminded me of the above verses in Matthew 7:13-14.

And the Holy Spirit said to me, "The people of this world want freedom to sin."

We, in the church, want freedom from sin.

The Bible is freedom from sin when we choose to go in the way instructed by the scriptures.



***

I can't believe that any of us who are born again and have the Holy Spirit of God want to live again in fornication or adultery or drunkenness or anger or wrath or malice or evil works of the flesh.

Galatians 5

19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.



*****