* Jesus lives in each believer.



   
After God reveals Jesus to us by HIS Word, God seals each believer with the Holy Spirit of Jesus, and Jesus the Word, by HIS Spirit, lives in that believer.

From that point forward the believer has the Holy Spirit of God in him to teach him and to guide him and to show him things to come as God wills.

Scriptures showing us that Jesus Christ is in us when we are believers:


I Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

I Corinthians 6:19-20   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

II Corinthians 13:5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Romans 8

7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.  8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, HE that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by HIS Spirit that dwelleth in you.



I John 4

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (of the believer) is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh (of the believer) is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.


Many people in churches are antichrist, denying that God lives in them by the Holy Spirit of Jesus.



*****

Jesus said:  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.  (John 5:30)

I knew from that Word that I could do nothing unless I heard from God by HIS Spirit to do that thing.

But many people who attend church do not know this for they do not have the Spirit of God in them.  They put themselves into the church group by going forward and being baptized or by joining the church.


Jude

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.




John 7

37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me (The Word), and drink.

38 He that believeth on me (The Word), as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.


39 (But this spake HE of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

After the crucifixion of Jesus and the resurrection of Jesus, that Holy Spirit of Jesus came to live in each person who believes in the Word of God.



*****

My cousin, Church of Christ, once said to me:  "I believe you are a Christian.  I just don't see how you can be a Christian."  (She didn't understand being born again by the will of God.)

Later she said to me:  "I just don't see how you can take scripture from all over the Bible and have it apply to yourself."

She didn't understand that the Holy Spirit living in me was giving me that scripture at that specific point in time whereby I could deal with that situation in my life by that scripture which God had given to Moses or Joshua as shown us in the Bible.

Here is one scripture given to me which I lived by for the next 40-years.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

We can't stand on these scriptures by our flesh, but we can stand on these scriptures when they are brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit.

But no person, like my cousin, would believe that, for though she went to church and tried to do some of the things written in the New Testament, she did those things by her own reasoning and was not born again of the Spirit of God, for she did not believe in Jesus living inside of the human today by HIS Spirit.  Therefore she did not believe Jesus came in the flesh of that individual to lead and guide that believer.

The main difference is this:  We are kept by the Holy Spirit who lives in us to remind us of everything Jesus has said.  (John 14:26)

They believe they have to keep themselves by their own will power.

We are strong in the Word which is called to our mind by the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

They think they have to be strong in their own will power which is of themselves.

We are saved by the Holy Spirit.

***

I Corinthians 2

12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.


So at this point in time, the vast number of people who attend their churches, would not believe that Jesus has come today to live in the flesh of the human to lead that human by HIS Spirit, the Holy Spirit.


*****

The elect of God, the chosen by God, who are given the Spirit of God:

Romans 9

6  Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7  Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

8  That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.


9  For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.

10  And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

11  (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth;)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For HE (God) saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16  So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.


***

The called of God are given the Spirit of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, so they can witness to the power of God in their lives as that Holy Spirit teaches them and guides them in all truth:

Acts 1

1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus (lover of God), of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,  2  Until the day in which HE was taken up, after that HE through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom HE had chosen:

3  To whom also HE shewed Himself alive after His passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4  And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith HE, ye have heard of ME.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME (The Word) both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when HE had spoken these things, while they beheld, HE was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight.



***

After the Holy Spirit came to live in the believer, here is what the Holy Spirit did in that believer:

John 14:26 ... he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

*  John 16:13 ... he will guide you into all truth: ...
and he will shew you things to come

But only those who have the Holy Spirit in themselves will believe that Jesus comes into their flesh to do these things.

Thus:

(We learn because the Holy Spirit of Jesus who lives in us teaches us.  The others think they learn by their own wisdom of man, of themselves.)

Antichrist in church does not believe that Jesus lives in the believer and guides the believer by HIS Spirit.

But we who are of God know the Spirit of God lives in us and speaks to us.

Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.



***

Some people in churches do not want to believe any supernatural thing done by God today.  They want to attribute all things to being from the wisdom of man.

Once a Baptist woman told me of the first time she saw her husband.  She said she "knew" she was going to marry this young man the first time she saw him.

I said, "That was a word of wisdom from God."

She seemed frightened and even horrified to think of such.

I couldn't understand why she would want to think such was her own wisdom and was afraid to think it might be wisdom from God given to her by God, when we read about spiritual gifts of wisdom from God.

I Corinthians 12

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will.




***

I rejoice when I hear examples of the Holy Spirit working through gifts of God.

How is it possible for any Bible reading person to deny the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit when he reads such examples happening after the resurrection of Jesus as was the case in the example of Jesus appearing to the apostle Paul.

Acts 9

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,  2  And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3  And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.




***

God does supernatural things as HE wills.

In 1975, I was born again by God speaking to me by the Holy Spirit in the form of thoughts brought to my mind.  HE said:  "Joan, you know all these mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."

I was shocked.  I had no idea I had been committing sins.  I thought they were mistakes.

I didn't argue with God.  I believe what HE said to me.  I was just shocked.

I was changed instantly.  Born again.

A few night after this, I was asleep in the night.  I was transported into heaven and was with God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  (no images, just in the spirit)  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with the Word of God, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.  

A few nights later, the exact same thing happened to me again.

I had no idea what this meant.  I really thought at the time this happened to all people who became Christians.

A few years later, I was visiting with my aunt who was Church of Christ.  The Holy Spirit said to me, "Tell you aunt about being taken into heaven."

I really didn't want to do that!

But I knew it was the Holy Spirit telling me to do that so I did tell my aunt what had happened.  I noticed as I was speaking she became all dreamy looking.

Then she said to me, "Something like that happened to me once.  And it was all golden."

Then I knew the reason this aunt was so different.  She belonged to God.

But she told me she knew things were wrong at "the" church.  But she stayed there anyway.

II John

8  Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.



*****