* Did God tell me to do this? or was it another spirit?




Before we do anything, we must evaluate:  Did God tell me to do this?

As a new Christian, I owned a small business in Dallas, Texas.  A young woman filed a charge against me in US Courts.  

I heard:  "Don't testify."

I believed it was God telling me this word.  Since I believed that, I told my lawyer I would not be testifying.  

A woman who worked for me witnessed the situation that happened with the young woman at my shop.

My lawyer said he thought with Flo's testimony, we would win the case.  But he said, "I know we will win if you testify."

But I told lawyer I thought God told me, "Don't testify."

The case went to court.  Flo testified but my lawyer wasn't satisfied with her testimony and he said to me:  "But if you will testify, I know we will win."

I told lawyer I would check.  

I went into the ladies room at the courthouse.  I prayed, "God ... what do YOU want me to do?"

I heard, "Don't testify."

I returned to the court room.  Lawyer looked at me and I just shook my head, "NO."

The trial continued for two days.

I was acquitted of all charges.

The only thing that matters is:  What does God want me to do?

Was that God who gave me that word?

If we are persuaded it was God who told us to do that, then that is what we do.

The only way we can endure is if we have fully established that what we are doing is what God wants done and we have God's word on the matter.

Are you able to recognize the thoughts brought by the Holy Spirit?


*****

Are you able to recognize when ideas are from devils, or from your own flesh?

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Was that thought from God?  or another spirit?

***

In 1980, a young couple were attending Word of Faith church, which I also attended at that time. They said God had called them to go to Israel "to minister".

They quit their secular jobs and headed out to Israel.  

A week later, they were back at church.

"What happened?'  we asked.

They said it was completely impossible for them to work in Israel because they did not know the language.

People often want to do a "big" work for God.

But is that really God leading you, or is it your own desire?

Without a strong word from God, it is impossible to do an act of "faith", for first you must have that Word upon which to build your faith, and that word must come from the Spirit that is of God.

Jesus said:  

Matthew 7:21-23   Not every one that saith unto ME, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of MY Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity.

The devil tempted Jesus:

Matthew 4:5-7   Then the devil taketh HIM (Jesus) up into the holy city, and setteth HIM on a pinnacle of the temple,  And saith unto HIM, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give His angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7  Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.


***

I've had many times I have heard from the Holy Spirit of God concerning what to do. Sometimes I will be reminded of a scripture and other times I will have a concept brought to my mind.

* I was driving along the road when a truck loaded with firewood pulled up beside me.  I looked at the wood and thought how much I would like to have a wood burning fireplace instead of gas logs.  To my mind came the following from the Holy Spirit:  "You can have this."

* I fell at my house in Texas and was very badly injured.  I began trying to crawl to an area where there was a phone but the pain was so severe I could only manage about an inch at a time before having to quit.  I lived alone and it was a week before someone was due to come to my house.  If I couldn't get to the phone, I felt I would die.  And as I considered this, I heard the following from the Holy Spirit.  "You can do this."  Because of that Word which I knew was from God, I continued inching my way toward the phone. 

* After an accident at my house in Texas, the ambulance workers were rolling me past the front door of my house and I heard this from the Holy Spirit. "You'll never see this house again."  I put that house up for sale while I was still in the hospital in Texas.

John 16:13   Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

* I moved to Colorado in 2019.  My house in Texas was still for sale when the Coronavirus stuck in March 2020.  I was very concerned.  I asked God if there was anything I should do about that house in Texas.  I heard this immediately by the Holy Spirit:  "Lower the price of the house and put it on a special sale for one week."  I did that and the house sold in 2 days after it had been on the market for 1 1/2 years.

* I was considering having my 25-year-old car seats reupholstered.  As I thought about this, the Holy Spirit said:  "Or you could just buy a new car."  I'd never thought of doing that.  But I could do that, for I had just sold my house in Texas and the money was sitting in the bank.

* One day some concerns came to my mind in the form of "What if this happens."  I began praying and the Holy Spirit said to me, "God will provide all your needs."  That is a scripture in Philippians 4:19,  I believed that and immediately I was in complete peace again.

Jn. 14:26   Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit of Truth is the Comforter and HE brings us scriptures and concepts so we can live in peace when we have concerns come upon us on this present earth.

***

Jesus says:  Jn. 10:10  

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

When I encounter a problem, ideas often come to my mind concerning how I can deal with that problem.

If the idea is very complex, expensive, difficult to do, I always know it is not an idea from God.  Therefore I pray again asking God what I should do.

Also if what I am about to do is going to bring hurt to another person, I need to reevaluate my plan, for we do not want to needlessly cause injury to another person.

I know this:  God's yoke is easy, and God's burden is light.  (Mt. 11:30)

James 3:17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

I know the ideas that are from God because they are easy, simple, not complex ... full of mercy,  joy, peace ... without any hypocrisy.

Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


*****