* Seek ye first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.

 


 
When we are born again, changed by God, we are very different from the way we had been before.  Often we no longer enjoy the people or things we once enjoyed.  Usually we want to read the Bible and go to church to hear about God.

Now we seek God and His righteousness, what is right in the sight of God.

And this is our interest as long as God chooses to leave us on this present earth.

Here is a promise from God: 

Psalm 84:11   For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.

We go forward renewing our mind to the Bible, seeing the way God chooses for us to live, and we do those scriptures, growing in the image of Christ the Word.

God is our "sun" by HIS Spirit who brings to our mind the way to go.  God is also a shield, keeping us from things that would harm us.

And we find, in time, God has placed around us those good things which we can enjoy.

All we do is keep following various scriptures as they are given to us by the Holy Spirit thus staying on God's highway.


*****

One of the things I enjoy most in this life is my sound system.  I love the sound effects of hearing a door open on the right of the TV.  Or hearing the clang of the old time elevator doors when they are closed.  I seem to hear all the sound effects in movies.  I like the sound of musical instruments to duplicate the clarity of the real instrument.

Along the way, some very good quality sound equipment came into my life.  God just enabled me to meet people who could help me develop a system.

I very much wanted to marry.  But to marry would not fit in with that which God planned for me to do on this earth.  Eventually I saw "that" and agreed with God.

Recently I saw an old 1948 movie, "The egg and I".  I thought it was a terrible movie but I was also helped immensely by seeing that movie.  I saw how terrible it would have been if I had actually married Buddy.  He is a farm and ranch person.

God is a shield for us.  Sometimes God keeps us from getting that which we want and like a little child we have temper tantrums because God, The Father, did not let us have that. Later we rejoice that we didn't get what we wanted.  And we thank God for keeping us from getting that.

But when it is good for us to have that thing, God will see that it comes to us.

We just continue in HIS Word.

It is not that we are trying to get things by doing God's commandments.  We do God's word because we have a respect for God and know HIS way is right and best for us.


💦💦💦💦💦