* Jesus was born of the Holy Ghost, and when we are born again we are born of the Spirit of God and are children of God, like Jesus.





Matthew 1:18   Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

After we are born again by the Word of God from the Holy Spirit of God, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit lives in us and teaches and guides us, showing us the will of God. 

I Cor. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Like Jesus, God is our Father after we are born of HIS Spirit, and God lives in us by HIS Spirit.

Matthew l:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God is also "with us" for by HIS Spirit, Jesus dwells in us after we are born again by the Holy Spirit.

John 5:30 Jesus says: I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

The Holy Spirit will bring to our minds a scripture or a concept to show us the will of God for us as we live on this earth, and we believe that Word and know it shows us God's will and we take action appropriate to that word which is given us by God.

I find this to be very comforting to know it is God's will for me to do such and such.

For example:  In 2020, I was considering putting new upholstery on my 25-year-old car.  As I thought about this, the following from the Spirit of God came to my mind:  "Or you could just buy a new car."

I began thinking on that word and I reasoned:  "I could buy a new car.  I had just sold my house in Texas and the money was in my bank account and I had plenty of money to buy a new car."

That same night, God gave me a dream:  I bought a new car.

That is what I did the following day.  I knew it was authored by God to do that and it was approved by God.

God knows the future.  

I was sure God was showing me the best way for me to go in this matter.

Joshua 1:9  Have not I commanded thee? (says God)   Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

God leads us by thoughts brought to our mind by HIS Spirit and also by dreams which HE gives us.


*****

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


John 16:13   Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

***

I Corinthians 2  

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:


9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love HIM.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

When I was born again in 1975, God showed me the above scriptures and taught me to follow HIM by HIS Spirit.

Romans 8:14   For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

But many church goers are unbelievers and do not have faith in the Word of God and they do not have God's Spirit and cannot enter into HIS rest because of their unbelief.


*****