* Shun profane (secular) and vain babblings.





A woman used to visit with me and speak all manner of secular things which were not in the Bible.

After she spoke, I would explain to her:  "What you just said is not in the Bible.  I want to build my house on the word of God."

Then she would grow very silent for awhile.

Later she would visit me again and again speak another worldly saying, a vain babbling.  And again, I would tell her what she just said to me is not in the Bible and the Bible is true and what I want to build on.

Philippians 2:13-16   For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of HIS good pleasure.
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:  That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;  Holding forth the word of life;
 
I didn't have to argue or dispute.  I just told her what she said was not in the Bible and that I wanted to build my thinking on that which is in the Bible.

II Timothy 2:16-17 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.  And their word will eat as doth a canker:

When we speak the word of God, we present the antidote to the poisonous sayings of this world.


*****