* Receive with meekness the engrafted Word which is able to save your souls. (James 1:21)





God calls HIS Word to our mind by HIS Spirit.  We must learn to stop and focus on "that" word when this happens.

Or if we are reading Bible and a scripture stands out to us as we are reading, stop and focus on "that" scripture for there is a special message from God to us in that verse and it will fill a hole in our heart at that exact moment if only we will stop and focus on that scripture.

James 1:

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of HIS own will begat HE us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of HIS creatures.

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.


Consider this:  What was the last scripture brought to your attention by the Holy Spirit?

Look at that scripture for it is a special message from God to you and it will fill a need in your heart at this point in time.

Learn to collect these scriptures and look through these scriptures throughout the day.  They will strengthen you and help you to keep faith in God in the midst of darkness of this present world.

Here is a scripture which delights me and excites me and encourages me to speak things of God.

Philippians 2:15-16    Paul says:  That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
Holding forth the word of life;

When I am with someone, and God reminds me of a scripture, I try to have courage to share that scripture or that concept for that is what that person needs at that exact moment.

I don't plan ahead what I will say.  I often pray asking God to have me to speak only that which HE wants spoken when I am with another person.

Then when I am reminded of that scripture or concept, I speak.

Then I know that is God doing the work, and not me.


*****