* Coronavirus Report #1: Encourage yourself in the Lord.





Trials of faith and discouragements come as a way of life and sometimes we have these come because we have spoken the word of God.  

Peter says:  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when HIS glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.  I Peter 4:12-13

Prayer, asking God for help, is one of the key things in the midst of stabilizing yourself.

These battles over faith happen to each of us.  God, by HIS Spirit, stabilizes us in such time when we turn to HIM for help.


*****

* Preface to today's message:  Coronavirus Report #1

Steps prompted by the Holy Spirit in me:

* March 12, 2020:  Cancelled all unnecessary medical appointments and rescheduled for September, giving time for things to settle down concerning this virus.  (cancelled: eye and dental appointments)
This freed me from any appointment until September 2020 and even then I can reschedule if events in USA do not level off.

* Shelter in place:  This was already a way of life for me since I rarely leave the house anyway. I have a great deal of work to be done daily and it takes several hours per day to do this work of blog, podcast and books which we publish on Amazon.  

* Medical testing to see if you have virus:  I found that concept strange since there was no reported way to actually treat the virus if you have the virus.  I did not go for testing and had no plan to do such.  It just seemed strange to me to even think of all this effort for nothing.

Don't fight the leading of the Holy Spirit:  HE keeps you ahead of the game.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Holy Spirit gives us thoughts that are from God.  We learn to follow those instructions and those ideas that are brought by the Holy Spirit.

Things can change very quickly:

I Timothy 6

17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

***

Get your wisdom from God:

James 1:5    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

* Should I remove some extra money in cash from bank?
* Is there anything I should do during this event?

***

Are you concerned about anything?  If so make a list of all those things that concern you and pray for each concern.

Philippians 4

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.



*****

Encourage yourself in the Lord

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.


7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.


***



David encouraged himself in the Lord.

I Samuel 30

1  And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;

2 And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way.

3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.

4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep.

5 And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite.

6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord His God. 


7 And David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech's son, I pray thee, bring me hither the ephod. And Abiathar brought thither the ephod to David. 

8 And David enquired at the Lord, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And HE answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.

Because David enquired of the Lord and heard from God, David had the faith to go out.


***

God helps us when we ask HIM.

Recently doubts hit me.  I said to God, "Am I wrong about this?"  

Immediately, by HIS Spirit, God brought a scripture to my mind to show me I was not wrong.
  

***



One woman in our own church group attacked me verbally, accusing me of misdealing with her with corrections I had brought to her.

I told God I could not go forward unless HE, God, judged me in this matter.  I begged God to show me HIS view of that which I had done.

That same night God gave me a dream.  Someone had dumped bags of garbage in front of the door of my house and all the way down the entire front of my house.  

By this dream, I believed God showed me what this woman had done is store garbage in her own heart and had then dumped her garbage at my house.

I believe this was God's judgment in the matter.  She could have stopped me in the ministry work had I not turned to God to receive HIS judgment.

God's ruling is all that mattered to me.

***



I Peter 4

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when HIS glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.


14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part HE is evil spoken of, but on your part HE is glorified.

***

Mark 4


14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.


We must not run away from the trouble but rather we run to God in prayer for HIS judgment and for HIS help.

And then we rest in that which HE gives us by HIS Spirit.

***

Joshua 1

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.



*****