* What is wrong with the faith movement?





Millions of people around the world will gather together Sunday morning in faith movement churches.  They will be taught a doctrine which seems very right and good, for they will use scriptures and hunt for scriptures and try to follow after scriptures.  There is just one problem.  The consideration of  the will of God in the matter at hand is left out as they seek scriptures to get what they want in this present life.  Story of my years in the faith movement and the dream God gave me to get me out and to open my eyes.



*****

I entered the faith movement churches in approximately 1977, and it seemed good to me, for we were taught to look for scripture and to pray those scriptures over that which we wanted in this present life, and to stand on those scriptures to get the desires of our heart!

What's wrong with that?

We left the will of God for us out of the plan.

I John 5

14 And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

15 And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

***

I wanted to marry.  I found my scripture to justify myself in getting a husband.

Isaiah 34:16   Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

I prayed this over myself every morning and "claimed" this scripture, my "right" to this.

Multiple people prayed this over me.

Matthew 18:19  Jesus said:  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Scripture must be compared with scripture.

What if you have agreed upon something that is not the will of God?


***

I went through terrible Satanic attacks and depressions because of my own desire.

Was the problem in the American Indian Art objects which I sold at my business at that time?

Some thought the items were the opening for the attacks, the designs on the art objects, worshipping the Indian objects.

I was willing to destroy all the Indian merchandise in my business, if needed.

My business was:  American Indian Arts

A professor from Dallas Theological Seminary convinced me that objects cannot cause Satanic attacks.  These art objects have no power.

God showed me the answer to the problem.

James 1:14-15  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

***

Ministers in the New Testament church today: 

Ephesians 4:8;11-12  When HE (Jesus) ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men...  And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:


***

God taught me to meditate in the word of God and follow that word.

Joshua 1

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest. 


8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Follow the New Testament rules and laws of God by the Holy Spirit.

***

Before Jesus can return, antichrist had to come into the church, Paul says:

II Thessalonians 2:3-4  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 

(Churches would "fall away" from scripture, thus allowing antichrist into the church group.)

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.


This is one of the greatest problems of the faith movement ... trying to be God by finding scripture and claiming that scripture to get what you want rather than turning to God in prayer and asking Him to show you His will and asking God to guide you.

***

Hebrews 3:13   But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 10:25   Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.


***


Hosea 12:13
  
 And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he
preserved.

***


John 16:2-3 Jesus says:   They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.  

And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.



*****