* The joy of the Lord is your strength.




The Internet went off a few days ago and it was like life as I know it ended.  What would I do all day?  Then I remembered to pray, "Lord, please fill my day!"  I thought of how terrible it will be in the days of the great tribulation when these things that run our lives disappear.  Those on this earth will be frantic.

A few days later, I awoke and was praying, "God, please fill my day with joy."  And I heard, "The joy of the Lord is your strength!"  

The Lord is The Word.  When the Holy Spirit brings us a word, that "Word"  is joy and strength and comfort and peace.

The joy of that WORD which we hear from God is our strength to do the will of God.

Examples of the Joy of the Lord.


*****

When we are afraid, God settles us and shows us truth by that which HE brings to our mind by HIS Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus.  The joy of the Lord is our strength, that Word which comes to us by HIS Spirit is our strength.

The Holy Spirit of Jesus is the Comforter:

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit of Jesus is the Spirit of Truth:

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***



Jesus says:

Acts 1:8   But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

***

Yielding to the Holy Spirit to speak that brought to your mind by the Holy Spirit of Jesus:

In visiting with my mother, I heard to speak Deuteronomy 18 to my mother.  I took a Bible and began reading this to her.

9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.


13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.

My mother agreed that we should not do these things any more.  With that, my mother was born again.

***



Word from Holy Spirit to me:  "Be baptized."

As minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "This is like being buried with Christ."

When I come out of the water, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "This is like being raised with Christ."

The Holy Spirit of Jesus was preaching Romans 6 to me, which I did not know at that time.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.


***



All believers are sealed with the Holy Spirit of Jesus:

Ephesians 1:13   In Whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Many times throughout our lives, God will cause the Holy Spirit of Jesus to bring a thought to our minds to comfort us, and give us joy, and give us direction, and show us truth.


***



The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God for the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and knows the will of God in all things and shows that will of God to us so we can go in the way and joy of God as we live on this earth.

I Corinthians 2

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.


13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.


***


Jesus said:

John 6

33 For the bread of God is HE which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jesus, The Word, comes down from heaven to us today by HIS Spirit who brings the Word to our minds in specific moments of this life to show us the way of God in the matter at hand.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I (the Word) am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

(Believing on that Word which is brought to us by the Holy Spirit.)

48 I am that bread of life.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven:

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.


57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

***



The Spirit of Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, the Comforter ... brings thoughts from Jesus to our minds to help us.

Examples:

* The Birthday Card ... "Ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."

Colossians 3:

1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.


4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with HIM in glory.


***

* Wood burning fireplace:  change from gas logs

"You can have this."

Is this wisdom from God?

James 3:17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 1:17   Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.


***

December 6, 2018 ... accident ... crawling from hallway to area where phone is located ... broken hip and broken hand.

I heard a word from the Spirit of God:

"You can do this."

This word which I believe to be from God by HIS Spirit gave me the strength to keep crawling 1/4 inch at a time for 4 1/2 hours to reach phone.  Without that word, I believe I would have died in that hallway.

***

January 2020 ... Word, "Podcast" ... followed a few days later by dream confirming Podcasts as the direction to go.

Dream:  I opened my front door and kittens were everywhere ... On left side and right side of door ... just waiting to be fed.  Some were starving.  All the kittens were pure white except for one kitten which had tinges of yellow in it's fur.  I went into my garage and kittens were also in the garage.  "How can I care for all these kittens?"

When I awakened, I was troubled and asked God:  "What does this mean?"

The Holy Spirit answered by giving me the thought:  "Baby Christians."

I knew then God was confirming that the way for me to go was to exhort the church on Podcasts.


*****

God leads us by HIS Spirit by calling scripture to our minds, by Word brought to our minds, and by dreams.

***


(This is not recorded but is very edifying for us.)

When we go in the way of God the following happens:

Isaiah 55

11 So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.


13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.



*****